Your Letters to Legalize
Thank you for taking action for marijuana legalization in New Jersey. Simply fill out this form, and your letters to your state Senator and two Assemblymembers will be on their way! More information is available at
If you'd like to help us out with $1.50 (the cost of three stamps) or $4.20 (to help pay for paper, ink, envelopes, etc.) or any other amount you can afford, you can do so at
Dear [NJ Legislator],
As your constituent, I am writing to urge you to vote in favor of marijuana legalization in New Jersey.
Criminalizing marijuana possession has failed in New Jersey. Countless of us have lost jobs, housing, and educational opportunities, at significant costs to our state, as a result of our marijuana laws. New Jersey makes over 21,000 marijuana possession arrests per year, and Black people are three times more likely to be arrested than white people, despite similar usage rates.
It’s time to move away from our failed approach, tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol for adults, and build a safe and controlled system. S830, S3195, A1348, A1557, A3581, and A3620 are a great start, and cannabis legalization should go forward with a system that is fair, profitable, and advances social and racial justice.
Legalization must include measures to heal the harm caused by injustice by:
• Providing automatic and retroactive expungements of criminal records due to marijuana-related convictions.
• Providing a meaningful way for New Jersey’s entrepreneurs to participate in the legal market, with an emphasis on the inclusion of business owners of color.
• Providing concrete measures that ensure reinvestment in communities that have been targets of the War on Drugs, such as people of color and low-income people.
• Allow for home grow in order to ensure accessibility of cannabis to all New Jersey citizens regardless of ability, income or residence location.
• Use the projected $300 million in annual tax revenues for the general education fund, drug prevention and education programming, and justice reinvestment such as re-entry and job training programs.
[PERSONALIZED MESSAGE, if any]
Thank you for your attention to this important issue, and for your time and service to our Garden State.
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Add your own personalized message to be appended to your letter (optional)
Please read and acknowledge
By submitting this form, I understand that three printed letters with the above text, in addition to any personalized message I wrote in the previous question, will each be mailed via the United States Postal Service to my two New Jersey Assemblymembers and my one state Senator respectively, and that my full name and mailing address will be printed on these letters and used as the return address on the envelopes.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service