The Women in Data Science (WiDS) initiative aims to inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, regardless of gender, and to support women in the field. The WiDS Datathon encourages women worldwide to hone their data science skills, in a supportive environment.
- The datathon is a predictive analytics challenge hosted on Kaggle.
- Persons interested in data science are invited to participate, including ABSOLUTE beginners.
- Although this datathon is geared toward female participants, males are encouraged to enter also, once the teams comprise 1 to 4 persons, with at least 50% identifying as females.
- Resources/skills provided to participants: Data science skill-building resources, Modeling/coding tutorials and videos, Access to mentors
- Benefits to participants: Global competition and networking, through the WiDS organization and its affiliates (including Sandford University), Local Prizes and Certificates, Team building and data modelling skills for Resume/CV/Portfolio, Connect and network with others for a good cause and impact in our local community :-)
Aslo, see the links below for WiDS Datathon resources and to register for the official challenge:
Please feel free to sign up for updates and more information on teams, workshops and other resources courtesy WiDS Trinidad & Tobago. We are a diverse group and welcome persons from all regions, whether locally, regionally or internationally to join our teams and participate in the Challenge.
Do note that your personal information will not be used for any other purposes than to send updates regarding the competition which runs January 4 - March 1, 2023.
Any questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to your participation.
Courtesy your friendly, WiDS 2023 Trinidad & Tobago Ambassador,
Dr. Letetia Addison
WiDS Trinidad & Tobago (T&T) is an independent event that is organized by the WiDS T&T Ambassador as part of the annual WiDS Worldwide conference organized by Stanford University and an estimated 200+ locations worldwide, which features outstanding women doing outstanding work in the field of data science. All genders are invited to attend all WiDS Worldwide conference events.