Welcome to SPARK: Fitness for Creatives
SPARK is a 90-minute low-impact movement class that integrates the methodologies of yoga, interval training, physical theatre, improvisation, and mindfulness to best serve the performing artist and creative professional.
We have a beautiful new home over at The Center at West Park (165 W 86th St). The expansive 3rd floor Gym has sprung wooden floors, an abundance of natural light, and a sacred energy in the air. May it serve as a space for you to connect with your creative spirit and fellow artists.
For an optimal experience, I encourage you to:
- Communicate your questions, concerns, or present physical limitations in the form below. You may also reach out via email at any time.
- Wear comfortable clothing ideal for movement, and remove your shoes upon entering the Gym. You may want to bring a yoga mat to support you during floor movement. We work barefoot or in socks.
- Move mindfully and nurture a curiosity for your body from moment to moment.
- Play with physical efficiency and ease, continually exploring: What is the least amount of effort needed right now?
- Invite your breath to spontaneously and freely respond to physical motion.
- Recognize the vulnerability of group fitness environments, especially among old friends, new friends, and colleagues. Soften into any discomfort and embrace any challenges you may encounter here. We are artists in process.
**You will be asked to sign a liability waiver upon arrival.**
Please Venmo your $8 suggested donation to @HayleyPal to reserve your spot.
You're welcome to donate at the door, however I'll be capping the group at 12. Your generous donation is the only way to guarantee your spot. If you're unable to give in advance, just send me an email the morning of the class you wish to attend. I will always do my best to hold space for you.
Would you like to share your preferred pronouns?
Desired Class Dates
Sunday, November 18 1:00pm
Sunday, December 9 1:00pm
Injuries / Physical Limitations
What interests you about SPARK?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hayley Palmer.