Exploring the Role of Citizens Science for Sustainable Development Goals
1. Where are you located?
2. What is your role in Citizens Science?
a) My organization involves citizens in scientific projects/initiatives
b) Part of citizen’s science national/international networks
c) Part of citizens science groups or a citizen scientist
e) Not involved
3. How do you align your CS work with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development?
a) Integrating SDGs to the CS existing projects
b) Working broadly on SDGS themes (i.e. health, water, biodiversity, education etc.)
c) Align policies with SDGs
d) Not aligned with SDGs
4. Do you identify your CS work with any specific Goals?
1: No Poverty
2: Zero Hunger
3: Good Health and Well-being
4: Quality Education
5: Gender Equality
6: Clean Water and Sanitation
7: Affordable and Clean Energy
8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
10: Reduced Inequality
11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
12: Responsible Consumption and Production
13: Climate Action
14: Life Below Water
15: Life on Land
16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
5. How do you participate in SDGs processes?
a) Through creating partnerships or collaborating with existing partnerships for SDGs
b) By participating in SDGs implementation processes, national local or international
c) By inviting CS groups or networks in national/local initiatives
d) Do not participate
6. How can CS provide data for SDG?
a) Providing general data to fill the gaps of information
b) Mainly provide data for environmental indicators
c) Though UN statistical offices as ‘non-official’ data providers for the SDGs.
d) Though national SDGs reporting and monitoring platforms
7. What motivates Citizens Science to align with SDGs?
b) New partnerships
c) Financing opportunities
8. What are the barriers and challenges for Citizens science toward SDGs?
a) Lack of awareness toward SDGs
b) No infrastructure of involvement
c) Exclusiveness by institutions
d) Problems with data reliability, accuracy and ownership
e) Voluntary character of contributions
9. According to your opinion, how can CS contribution toward SDGs be increased?
a) By representation in SDGs processes through organized national and international citizens science networks
b) Through increasing engagement of citizens in science processes by institution and scientists
c) Through increasing citisens science participation in thematic areas; as nature conservation, climate change, health, education etc.
d) Through encouraging participatory governance and evidence-based policies
e) Through establishing channels for data provion for SDGs by citizens
f) Though enabling education, subject competence and empowerment of citizens
10. Citizens Science work along the science, education and civic engagement, what elements of 2030 Agenda enforce that?
a) Educational element, including sustainable living and global citizenship
b) Participatory character,
c) Collaboration and partnerships
11. Please let us know if you have any comments or wish to add/highlight anything.
Thank you. Please enter your email for receiving the survey results:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service