East London Printmakers Studio Bursary Application Form
At East London Printmakers (ELP) we are committed to equity, diversity and opportunity for those under-represented within our artistic communities. We recognise this will require our attention now and moving forwards through ELP’s future. Accordingly we have developed a number of opportunities designed to provide meaningful and long-lasting benefits for both experienced and emerging printmakers. We particularly encourage applications from disabled people and those from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented in printmaking.
These opportunities have been made possible initially through the support of Arts Council England’s Cultural Recovery Grant and we aim to continue these projects in future years.
We are offering three 3-month studio bursaries to run consecutively from March. Reasons to apply include:
- Portfolio development for professional or academic purposes
- Research and experiment within a new or existing printmaking discipline
- Producing a planned body of work
- Exploring a new studio and connecting with other artists
- Reflecting on your practice within a supportive network of printmakers
Please note the above list is only a guide and we will consider all kinds of proposals.
The purpose of these awards is to support both emerging and experienced printmakers and to broaden our studio representation, bringing new ideas into our community as well as sharing our professional expertise and quality facilities with others. We are excited by the potential for collaborations and the new experiences and experimentation this programme will foster and the consequent benefits to us all.
Each bursary holder will have 24-hour access 4.5 days of the week (keyholder hours) for three months. There will be no obligation to take on any of the responsibilities of ordinary keyholders (e.g., covering open access, studio duties). Each successful applicant will have an in-depth induction to the studio. Please note that there is no technical support during keyholder hours and so applicants must have a good level of competence in their chosen technique(s).
Successful applicants will benefit from:
- Free 24-hour studio access 4.5 days each week for 3 months
- Storage space for materials, screens and a plan chest drawer
- Free Associate Membership for one year (including exhibitions and other events)
- A £40 materials allowance from the ELP shop
- Great Art Materials Bursary
- Complete and submit the following Studio bursary application form
- Upload up to 10 images with accompanying list of works