Santa Barbara Channelkeeper Community Engagement Survey
Santa Barbara Channelkeeper is a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and restoring the Santa Barbara Channel and its watersheds (from Gaviota to Ventura). Next year will mark Channelkeeper’s 20th anniversary, and as we look down the road at our next chapter, we want to learn more about what environmental and water-related issues are important to our community – to you, and how we can be more effective in addressing those issues. We value your opinion and input! Please complete the 7-question survey below by no later than September 9, 2019, and you’ll automatically be entered into a drawing to win a $50 Patagonia gift card, a $25 Mountain Air Sports gift card, a S'well water bottle, or a luxury Turkish towel from Riviera Towel Company!
1. How do you connect with nature? Check all that apply.
Going to the beach
2. Why is clean water important to you? Check all that apply.
Recreation (e.g. swimming, surfing, kayaking, diving, etc.)
Scenic beauty/aesthetic enjoyment
None/It’s not important
3. What do you feel are the three most pressing environmental issues facing our community over the next 10 years? Please check only three.
Sea level rise
Drought/water supply availability
Pollution from agriculture (pesticides, fertilizer)
Urban runoff pollution
Depleted fish stocks due to overfishing
Weakening of environmental laws
4. What does or would motivate you to get involved with and/or support an environmental organization? Check all that apply.
I enjoy spending time outdoors, so I care about the condition of and access to natural places
I feel it is my personal responsibility to help take care of the environment that we all share and enjoy
I want future generations to be able to enjoy a healthy environment and access to natural resources
I care about wildlife that relies on healthy wild spaces for survival
I own or work for a business that depends on a clean environment
5. Would you be willing to get (more) involved with Channelkeeper through any of the following? Check all that apply.
Attending an educational event featuring a Channelkeeper representative as a speaker
Participating in Channelkeeper-led outdoor excursions (watershed tours, hikes, paddle or dive excursions, etc.)
Donating goods or services
Following Channelkeeper and liking/sharing our posts on social media
Forging a partnership with my organization/business to advance shared goals
Making a donation
Planned giving (will/trust)
Participating in a fundraising event to benefit Channelkeeper
Receiving Channelkeeper emails/newsletters
Serving on the Board of Directors
Testifying before public officials on a water issue
6. Please complete the following sentence: “I would get (more) involved with Channelkeeper (as a volunteer, donor, advocate) if…”
7. What is your email address? (This question is optional, but must be answered in order to be entered to win prizes.)
Please follow this link to read official sweepstakes rules:
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
Thank you for participating!! Winners of the prize drawing will be notified via email on September 10, 2019. Thank you!
to learn more
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service