Johor UPSR Trial 2019- Paper 1 (Section A)
Answer all questions.
1. Jonas _________ angry at his friend for tearing his paper yesterday.
2. The girl can ________ have bread ____ biscuits for her breakfast.
3. Sarah wasn’t friendly at the party. She ________ spoke to me.
4. This shirt is too long. Please bring me a _________ one.
5. He adds ________ sugar cubes to the cup of coffee.
Choose the most suitable proverbs.
6. The pupils came up with a surprise party for their teacher. However, somebody ________________ as the teacher knew about it before they planned the party.
let sleeping dogs lie
let bygones be bygones
let the cat out of the bag
make hay while the sun shines
Choose the best answer to fill in the blanks in the passage that follows.
Jack wanted to have his own bicycle (7)_________ his parents were very poor. Jack (8)_________ to earn some money by doing some jobs for his neighbour, a kind old lady called Mrs Yoo. After a few weeks, he finally had (9)_________money for a bicycle.
Choose the word that has the opposite meaning as the work in the bracket.
10. My grandfather has become old and (weak).
Oh no, I’ve dropped everything on the floor!
Oh No! I’ve dropped everything on the floor!
Oh no! i’ve dropped everything on the floor.
Oh no! I’ve dropped everything on the floor.
Based on the picture, choose the best answer to fill in the blanks in the passage that follows.
It was spring cleaning day in Amy’s school last Friday. All the pupils went back to help clean up ____12____ school. Amy and Wendy wiped the desks and chairs while Ravi cleaned the blackboard with a ____13____ of damp cloth. Rani and Cecelia mopped the floor. Joseph did his part ____14____. He ____15____ away pails of dirty water and brought back clean ones.
Read the passage carefully and answer the questions that follow.
Minnie was a white mouse living in a cage in Tom’s house. Tom treated her very well and looked after her with great care. Minnie spent her life living inside a cage and never went out the house once. Sometimes Tom let Minnie roam around the room while he cleaned her cage. Tom’s neighbour had a cat called Felix. One day, Felix accidently climbed in through the window and sat by Minnie’s cage. He knew that Minnie wanted to see the world outside so he told her everything about the world outside that he had seen. Minnie was INTRIGUED listening to his story and longed to see it for herself. ‘Can you open my cage and take me out there?’ asked Minnie.“Of course,” said Felix with a smile on his face. He put his paw on the catch of the door. At that moment, Tom came into the room. ‘Bad cat!’ he shouted, chasing Felix away.
16. The word ‘intrigued’ in the passage can be best replaced by
17. ‘…… said Felix with a smile on his face.’ - Why do you think Felix agreed to open Minnie’s cage with a smile on his face.
He was happy to help her.
He wanted to be friends with Minnie.
He was happy that Minnie fell for his word.
He could bring Minnie to see the world outside.
18. What would happen if Tom never came into the room?
Felix would eat Minnie.
Minnie would run out of the house.
Felix and Minnie would live together.
Felix would bring Minnie out to see the world.
Read the flyer carefully and answer the questions that follow.
19. Mr Ho is planning to buy pencils and rulers for his students. How much discount will he get?
20. Which of the following statement is true?
You will get coupons from this sale.
All the discounts are from 50% off and above.
You won’t get a discount if you visit on Thursday.
You can buy dictionaries and stationery at 50% off.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service