You can register for the full Weekend, or to the individual workshops (see description and individual prices below):• Full Weekend, 10h of classes, Saturday party, Sunday tea dance (2h Friday, 4h Saturday Fast Feet, 4h Sunday): 85€• Full Weekend, 8h of classes, Saturday party, Sunday tea dance (2h Friday, 2h Saturday Fast Feet, 4h Sunday): 65€
– FRIDAY . ALL THAT JAZZ! –
Open Level. 20h30 – 22h30 Olaias Clube. 20€Well into 20’s and later, there was no such label as jazz- or swing-band, there was only dance-bands, giving you also freedom what dance you would do. In this 2-hour workshop Áňa and Štěpán are going to guide you through the history of dancing to jazz music, teaching you the principles of some other dances like Peabody, Fox-Trot or Waltz.Come and join us for getting a new taste of Jazz into your dance!
– SATURDAY . FAST FEET LINDY HOP –
• Awesome level 11h–13h | 16h–18h Olaias Clube. 40€Áňa and Štěpán will share their ideas about fast Lindy Hop so you can get the excitement of rocking those Swing outs really fast on the dance floor later!This is going to be a challenging workshop, and it is designed to dancers with at least 1,5 years of experience, that are very comfortable with their basics.
• Fantastic level 14h – 16h Olaias Clube. 20€If dancing fast is something that you would like to work in your dance, come and join David and Cátia for 2 hours of dancing and exercises that will help you feel more at easy and ready for the higher tempos. To participate in this workshop you have to have at least 6 months of classes and preferably some social dance already in your dancer’s belt. If you are in doubt about the level please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Party at Ateneu da Madre Deus. 23h às 3h. 5€Included in the Full pass workshop.
– SUNDAY. ALL THAT JAZZ part II –
• Slow Bal 12h – 14h Olaias Clube . 20€Slow-Bal or Slow Balboa is a beautiful example of how you can dance to slow music and keep it simple, nice and cozy. For this workshop, it’s useful to have already some experience with other Swing dances, like Lindy Hop or Balboa.
• Saint Louis Shag 15h – 17h Olaias Clube . 20€ St. Louis Shag is a very distinct regional swing dance that came from St. Louis, Missouri. Originally probably evolving from Charleston, it became such a hit that that it remained well into 50s and later was danced as well to R&B, Rock’n’Roll or Jump Blues music.For these classes you should know triple steps.
• Tea Dance at Olaias Clube. 2€ Included in the Full pass, or if you do the Sunday classes.