As part of Amsterdam Art Weekend, 23-25 November 2018, Looiersgracht 60 is organising an intimate 3-day art-book fair for like-minded, independent publishers. Independent artistic print culture has a rich narrative in Amsterdam’s history, one which is often overlooked. As there is currently no book fair focussing on art books in Amsterdam, we would like to take this opportunity to offer a new platform for the beautiful publications that artists and publishing houses are producing to be enjoyed by the wider public.
The first edition of Printing Plant will take place at Looiersgracht 60 – a non-profit exhibition space for art, design and architecture, located along its namesake canal right in the centre of Amsterdam. Prior to its current use, Looiersgracht 60 was home to a cardboard and paper factory that also printed pamphlets, posters and cards for artists and museums. The building thus has a long standing connection with Amsterdam’s artist community, making it an ideal location for this fair.
- Registration is open to independent publishers, artists, collectives, small press publishers, universities and academies, art project spaces, museum press and specialist trade suppliers.
- Publishers are asked to be present at the fair (23-25 November) and Printing Plant reserves the right to decide what space is assigned to each publishing house.
- Participation is free of charge. Selected publishers will be asked to make a voluntary contribution to support Printing Plant.
- Submission deadline: 20–07–2018
- The final selection will be made by the end of July. All applicants will be notified by July 30.