Kilifi New Year 2018 is ready to welcome applications for all Vendors and Stallholders! We are looking for likeminded people to join our family, and this application is where you start that journey
Kilifi New Year is a participatory event – it is the amazingly creative volunteers, artists and attendees who make this festival what it is today. Therefore, we would LOVE you to join us with all your delicious, beautiful or astounding services and creations – whether that be food, non-alcoholic drinks, an art installation, clothing, or even a tattoo stand or kinyozi. The more artistic and dynamic the better!
This year’s event hopes to attract 2500 attendees. We are relying on all of you to provide the added value of community to our amazing festival.
Applicants will be accepted based on their ability to provide reliable and quality service to Kilifi New Year attendees. Kilifi New Year takes no responsibility for the security of your equipment, staff, cash or personal belongings at any time. The Venue requires exclusivity for the sales of all alcoholic beverages, energy drinks, and sodas.
For Your Information:
Vendors: Sell food and non-alcoholic beverages. These will be limited so that all vendors make the best sales possible. We are looking for stalls that can serve good quality food meeting our values. We prefer vendors that are organic and health conscious.
Stalls: Stalls are for anyone looking to sell non-consumable goods on site. This can be from jewelry to clothes. We are open to suggestions, even having a Kinyozi or Tattoo parlor on site would be amazing! The more that a stall adds to the festivals eccentricities the better!
When is the deadline for applications?
- Applications will be received from October 1st. The deadline for applications is November 1st 2018.You can expect a final response by November 15th 2018.
How to apply for a stall/vendor space
- If you would like to apply for as a Vendor or Stallholder please fill in the Partcipant Questions and the relevant application form below.-While we encourage as much diversity as possible, please understand that places are limited. -We are looking for Stalls and Vendors that will add to the Kilifi New Year aesthetic of creativity and celebration.Once your application is received, we will get back to you as soon as possible with a response. Your booking will only be considered as confirmed once a contract is signed and full fees have been paid.
How much will it cost?
- Food stalls will cost KES 45,000.00 for the duration of the event. This will include 2 x Free Staff Passes. Optional extra Staff Passes will cost KES 4,000.00 with a maximum of 6 staff members per food stall. Further tickets will be charged full price.
-Stalls that are not food stalls will cost KES 15,000.00 for the duration of the event. This will include 1 x Free Staff Pass and one optional extra Staff Pass at KES 3,000.00 with a maximum total of 2 staff members per stall. Further tickets will be charged full price.
When can your stall operate? When to setup and pack down?
-Prior to the event, we will be hosting several warm up events at Distant Relatives Ecolodge & Backpackers. We would be honoured to welcome the trading stalls (i.e. no food stalls) at no extra cost because we already have an operational restaurant on site. Please keep in mind this is a different location (about 5km away) and we will not be providing any tables or lighting.- You should be able to operate on the Kilifi New year festival site for 3 full days – from mid-day on the 30th December to mid-day 2nd January.-All Vendors and Stall Holders must be fully setup by the evening of the 30th of December. Please report to security at the festival entrance gate upon arrival.- Pack down: You are responsible for packing down your stall/installation independently. You must dispose of all waste and leave no trace.
What will Kilifi New Year provide for Stalls/Vendors?
- An allocated 6 x 3ft table for service.- An overhead frame allowing you to attach décor and shade cloth.- Power: You will be given access to power although only low power rated equipment will be allowed (e.g. kettles). Feel free to double check with us directly. Although we always over cater for power, the risk of overloading power puts the entire event at risk, hence we must apply strict rules, we hope you can understand.- Water: This year, thanks to your feedback/ suggestions from last year, we will have a communal washing station for stall holders.- Free camping for stall holders and their staff (bring your own camping gear)- We will nominate one member of our staff as a liaison between all stall holders for any questions or issues prior, during and after the event.
What must you provide?
- All your own staff and equipment- Reliable and consistent service to festival-goers and campers.- Very good signage of your stall, product and clearly displayed price lists- Secure cash box and change- All décor, extra lighting, chairs- Shade cover to setup on frame above stall.
If you have further questions please email email@example.com