At the VCU School of Education, we understand that the identification, engagement, solicitation, stewardship and appropriate and impactful use of philanthropic support is the responsibility of all members of the school. We refer to this behavior as a Culture of Philanthropy.
Building this culture is easy to accomplish when we remind ourselves that donors give freely to support our mission. As a reminder, these funds come from our annual giving program and our endowment. An average annual gift is $75. We owe it to our many donors to use these funds to advance the mission and vision of our school. Let us know if you would like to help build our base of donors.
This portal was designed to facilitate our Culture of Philanthropy as it allows for our transparent approach to appropriately use philanthropic support, steward our donors and share the impact of their investments with them. Led by the Office of Development, Alumni and Student Engagement, these funds are raised by the entire school community to support student & staff support, faculty development, research, Dean's initiatives, school-wide initiatives, and alumni & student engagement.
BEFORE SUBMITTING REQUESTS, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. Requests must be reviewed & approved by the department chair or equivalent, before submission of this form
2. Only unit heads or their office managers/coordinators can fill this form out (Exception: sanctioned student and staff organizations)
3. Allow ten business days from form submission to funding dispersal
4. Please consider all sources of state funds before submitting requests through the Annual Fund Portal
5. All requests must consider how they seek to uphold the values of the School of Education
If you have any additional questions about the Annual Fund Portal or how to submit a request, please contact Edward Kardos at firstname.lastname@example.org