* PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORM IS TO REGISTER FOR THE IZ PROGRAM, NOT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SPECIFIC UNIT. THIS REGISTRATION WILL ENABLE YOU TO RECEIVE EMAILS ABOUT IZ UNITS FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM THE IZ PROGRAM FOR A UNIT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN, AND YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED IN THE RANDOM SELECTION FOR THAT UNIT, YOU MUST STILL RESPOND BY CLICKING THE LINK IN THE EMAIL AND COMPLETING A SIMILAR SHORT FORM.
* Be aware that the certificate obtained in orientation expires after 2 years. If your certificate is about to expire, please retake the orientation to maintain your registration.
* Only one registration is permitted per household.
* If you need to make changes to an existing registration, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Inclusionary Zoning is available to households with incomes no greater than the specified limits listed below. Household income is the combined gross incomes (before taxes and deductions) of all household members. It includes every form of income, e.g., salaries and wages, retirement income, gifts, income from assets, etc. Your Household’s Annual Income must be at or below the maximum annual income, based on your Household size (number of persons living in your home) to be eligible for the program.
1-person household: maximum annual income of $60,816;
2-person household: maximum annual income of $69,504;
3-person household: maximum annual income of $78,192;
4-person household: maximum annual income of $86,880;
5-person household: maximum annual income of $95,568;
6-person household: maximum annual income of $104,256.
If your household size is 7 or more please email: email@example.com to determine the maximum annual income for your household.
* Rent/purchase price
Please note that the IZ program is not a housing subsidy or a voucher program. It is not a program where you pay a certain percentage of your income but it is a program that sets the rent amount and purchase prices for households within certain income levels.
You will still need some income (or a voucher) to pay the rent or purchase price, and you will still need to pass any credit or background checks required by property management. To view the current maximum rent and purchase prices per household size and income level, please visit: https://dhcd.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/dhcd/publication/attachments/IZ%20Income%20Limits%20and%20Max%20Rent-Prices_2014-2016_2016.04.05.pdf.