The speaker must be able to address some of the following topics:
- How can the various forms of international cooperation enhance the means of implementation, including trade, financing for sustainable development, capacity building, and development and transfer of environmentally sound technologies?
- How can the various forms of international cooperation contribute to a strengthened global partnership that is critical for sustainable development?
- What mechanisms are available both nationally and internationally to help increase and improve the effectiveness of official development assistance and its impact in lifting people from extreme poverty, improve health-care and education?
- How can the achievement of existing goals and targets on ICT for development, such as the international commitment to significantly increase access to telecommunication services and strive to provide 100 per cent access to the Internet by 2020 to Least Developed Countries contribute to the post-2015 development agenda?
- How can the post 2015 development agenda integrate the notion of resilience and which specific instruments and forms of cooperation, including through the implementation of the Hyogo Framework of Action for Disaster Risk Reduction, can help safeguard hard-earned development gains?
The Office of the President of the General Assembly is not in a position to provide travel funding for discussants for this High-level Event.