Sports Scholarship Application
The following scholarship application form offers prospective and current students the opportunity to apply for a scholarship upon confirmation of entry for the academic year 2020/21.
Applications for scholarships will be considered if the student:
1. Is a prospective undergraduate/postgraduate student for entry into the University of Bath 2020/21.
2. Is already a registered University of Bath student
3. Is currently competing internationally for their country (If not GB then the standard must be equivalent to that of GB)
4. Able to contribute to either of the following:
- Be able to represent the University and contribute to and/or win University National titles in either our priority or non-priority sports
- Be able to raise the international profile of the university due to the standard of competition in which you compete in
- Be able to support and drive one of our sports teams or clubs to higher success
Returning scholars do not need to re-apply.
Applications for scholarships must be supported by either:
- a statement from a Team Bath coach
- a statement from a coach within your NGB
- a statement from a team manager/NGB official
Applications without a full supporting statement (an email contact is not acceptable) may not be considered.
If successful, applicants must:
- Confirm the University of Bath as their place of study for 2020/21
- Reply to the documentation that will be sent out via email, reading this carefully and accepting the terms and conditions.
If unsuccessful, applicants can:
- Re-apply in their following years of study at the University of Bath
In submitting your application you are agreeing to the awarding panel accessing data provided to the University by the student loans awarding agency and UCAS in order to judge your widening participation eligibility. This data will be held confidentially and not be shared with any other party, in particular in consideration for the Thompson Education Trust Scholarship, the Lewis Scholarship and the Santander Scholarship.
Applicants will receive a response regarding the status of their application after the scholarship panel has met, which will be in October 2020.
Applications for scholarships will close September 4th 2020.
Processing and disclosure of personal data
We need to process information about our members, staff and students for administrative, academic and health and safety reasons in order to operate efficiently. We will only process personal data in accordance with our registration under all applicable Data Protection legislation including the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you register with us, you give us permission to process data about you, as outlined in the data protection statement for student registration.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation, by completing this application you agree to the details you enter being stored in our database and for us to use your personal data to administer your account here. Your details will not be passed onto any third parties and you can unsubscribe at any point by emailing. To opt out of receiving any emails, please contact
If you are not a current student at the University of Bath, please see our applicant privacy notice here:
Obtaining personal data from our website visitors
Any personal data that we may ask you to provide on any of our web pages will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of all applicable Data Protection legislation including the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation. Wherever we ask you to submit personal data, such as an e-mail or postal address or a telephone number, you should find a clear statement of:
• what data will be held
• the purpose for which the data will be held
• whether any of the data will be disclosed to any third party, and if so, to whom
If you subsequently choose to submit any personal data, you are thereby giving your consent for that data to be held and processed for the stated purpose(s). If you find that such a statement is not available, or if you feel that it is unclear or inadequate, please e-mail
Personal Data - The data that you provide will only be used for the purpose of administrating your account here and recording any payments. The University will abide by the principles of all applicable Data Protection legislation including the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is not disclosed to third parties. When processing payments the University is compliant with PCI DSS regulations.
If you are unable to find someone's contact details on our website, you should e-mail
and your message will be forwarded to the person, who will then decide on a response.
Any queries regarding Data Protection should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer, W3.3, (
Please don't use a school email address below as it may not be valid when you leave.
Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY):
Current University of Bath Student?
No, but I have an unconditional offer to start studying September 2020
No, but I have a conditional offer to study starting September 2020
No but I have deferred my place to start in 2020
No, but I have applied
Page 1 of 8
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service