Topic - Doordarshan
1. The logo of Doordarshan was designed by an alumni of National Institute of Design (NID). Of the submitted 14 designs (6 by faculties of NID and 8 by students), Indira Gandhi,the then PM picked up this design. Who was the designer?
2. Regular daily transmission of Doordarshan started in 1965 as part of All India Radio, with a five-minute news bulletin. Who was the first newsreader of this bulletin (first in India) who also interviewed Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space?
3. Presented by the DD Guwahati, this is a hindi film based programme which is presented in Assamese language. Hit songs of hindi films and by popular singers and music artists are played along with some interesting trivia about the films. Which show?
4. During the Emergency, a very famous singer was asked to sing for an Indian National Congress rally in Bombay, but the singer refused. As a result, Information and broadcasting minister Vidya Charan Shukla put an unofficial ban on playing the singer’s songs on state broadcasters All India Radio and Doordarshan from 4 May 1976 till the end of Emergency. Who was this famous singer?
5. After re-broadcasting Ramayana and Mahabharata, Doordarshan surpassed its own viewership record after it maintained number 1 spot for two consecutive weeks in a row. Hence this satellite channel of the Doordarshan was launched by Prasar Bharati on 13 April 2020 specifically dedicated to old classics to relieve the nostalgia of the favourite memorable serials of Doordarshan. Which channel?
6. Bharat Ek Khoj was a 53 episode Indian historical drama directed written and produced by Shyam Benegal in 1988 for Doordarshan. Its cast included Om Puri, Roshan Seth, Tom Alter, Lucky Ali, Irfan Khan, Piyush Mishra and many more. Narrated by Om Puri, this drama was based on a famous book written by the author during his imprisonment at Ahmednagar Fort in Maharashtra during the freedom struggle of India. Which book?
Unhappy India by Lala Lajpat Rai
Discovery Of India by Jawaharlal Nehru
The Indian War of Independence by Vinyak Damodar Sawarkar
The Civilization in India by Romesh Chunder Dutt
7. The DD signature tune was composed by which two famous musician and composers of India in 1976?
Pandit Ravi Shankar and Ustad Ali Ahmed Hussain Khan
Ustad Zakir Hussain and Ustad Bismillah Khan
Ustad Amjad Ali Khan and Zakir Hussain
Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma and Pandit Ravi Shankar
8. DD Arunprabha is a dedicated 24*7 satellite channel of Doordarshan which was launched by the PM on Feb 9, 2019 . It became Doordarshan's second channel for North East after DD North East. DD Arunprabha became the first channel of Doordarshan of which state?
9. What is the claim to fame of ‘Hum Log’, a television soap opera which started its telecast on Doordarshan, India's national network on 7 July 1984?
Special programme for the farmers
First ever Indian television soap opera.
First ever news bulletin
First music based programme
10. In 1988, an Indian video song promoting national integrity and unity in diversity was developed which was promoted by Doordarshan and India’s Ministry of Information. The song was composed by Ashok Patil with lyrics by Piyush Pandey. Several Indian singers lent their voices to this song while many famous actors graced the screen. Which iconic song?
Mile Sur Mera Tumhara
Surabhi theme song
Purab se surya uga
Bharat ek khoj theme song
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service