ICEA & SCDBC Release, Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk
Paddling Dates Include But Are Not Limited To: November 1, 2018-December 31, 2019
Race/Festival Dates Include But Are Not Limited To: April 14, 2019, July 27-July 28, 2019
In consideration of the use of the services, equipment, and facilities provided by the International Culture Exchange Association, the Southern California Dragon Boat Club, the City of Long Beach, the Long Beach Sea Festival and each entity’s agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, coaches, instructors, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “ICEA”), I hereby agree to release and discharge ICEA, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
I acknowledge that Dragon Boat paddling, Dragon Boat racing, and related activities (collectively referred to as “Activity” or Activities”) entail known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the Activity. These risks include, among other things: boat capsize; tidal conditions and currents; collision with objects or other watercraft; prolonged exposure to cold water, hypothermia, accidental drowning; illness in remote areas; exposure to sun, strong wind, cold storms, waves and lightning; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; wrist, arm, shoulder and/or back injuries; slips and falls; and rapidly changing adverse weather and water conditions. Furthermore, ICEA instructors and organizers have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather, the elements or the terrain. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction. This release also extends to all ICEA events I participate in whether or not the event is directly related to dragon boat paddling.
1. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, OF INJURIES, HOWEVER CAUSED, EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE ACTION, INACTION, OR NEGLIGENCE OF ICEA TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. My participation in this Activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of any and all risks.
2. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless ICEA from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected directly or indirectly with my participation in this Activity or my use of ICEA’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of the ICEA.
3. Should the ICEA or anyone acting on its behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to solely bear the costs of such injury or damage. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit against the ICEA, I agree to do so solely in the state of California, and I further agree that the substantive law of California shall apply in that action. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this Activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the ICEA on the basis of any claim from which I have released it therein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and agree to be bound by its terms.
Signature of Participant
Enter your first and last name below if you agree to the statements above.
Primary Team Affiliation
If you are affiliated with multiple teams, you must submit this waiver for each team in order to appear in their respective databases.
American Airlines / APIEBRG
AZ Dragon Riders
AZ Gila Dragons
Bay Area Dragons
Bay Tsunami Warriors
Cal Dragon Boat
Calvine Men's Rowing
Calvine Women's Rowing
Central Coast SurviveOars
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Dynasty Dragon Boat Team
FFLA - Not Fast Nor Furious
Galileo Celestial Dragons
Golden Trefoil Team
Kaiser Permanente Dragonfit
LA Harbor Dragons
Long Beach Masters
Los Angeles Pink Dragons
Los Angeles Racing Dragons (LARD)
Los Angeles Thunder Dragons
Mission in Motion
NAC (Newport Aquatic Center)
Nankai University Binhai College Dragon Boat Team
Oyster Point Dragons
Pattaya 50 and Friends
Philadelphia Dragon Boat Association
Philippine Dragon Boat Alliance
Phoenix Fire Dragons
Riverside Surging Dragons
Rogue Paddling Club
San Diego Dragon Boat Team
San Jose Dragon Boat
SF Blazing Dragons
SF Dragon Healers
SF Mission HS
TCUSA (Taiwan Council for US Affairs)
Team Dragon Eyes
Team Survivor San Diego Sea Dragons
If participant is a minor and does not have an email, parent/guardian may enter his/her email and corresponding verification code.
Participant's Verification Code
This is a unique code associated with your unique email. If you have not received or have forgotten your SCDBC verification code, please visit
Are you under 18 years of age?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service