2019-2020 AmeriCorpsAbility Philadelphia AmeriCorps Service Member Application
- Name of Organization Being Served: The Arc of Philadelphia
- Name of Program: AmeriCorpsAbility Philadelphia
- Dates of Service: Applications being taken for Fall 2019 start dates.
- Member Type: Full Time | Achieving 1700 Hours
* 3/4 Time | Achieving 1200 Hours
* 1/2 Time | Achieving 900 Hours
- Service Time: 8am-4pm weekdays. Average 38 - 40 hours per week, including National Service Days and the possibility of some weekends with notice. Daily start/end times may vary by service site. * 1/2 and 3/4 positions may be available after Full time positions are filled.
- Member Service Objective: The AmeriCorps Member serves as a mentor for individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities (I/DD) in Philadelphia county toward inclusion in their community. The AmeriCorps member will receive orientation and have professional development, training and networking opportunities at leading non-profit organizations. AmeriCorps members who are enrolled in AmeriCorpsAbility will be serving in partnership with The Arc of Philadelphia and agree to abide by the mission & vision of the agency. AmeriCorps members will have recurring access to vulnerable populations including young, elderly and individuals with disabilities. Partner Host Sites are located in Philadelphia and Montgomery counties.
For position details and benefits please visit our website:
An AmeriCorps Member must be a United States citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident. Are you a United States citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident?
Final four (4) numbers of social security number
Date of Birth (Month/ Day/ Year)
Place of Birth (City/ State/ Country)
Your Current Pennsylvania Address: Number & Street - Line 1
Current Pennsylvania Address: Number & Street - Line 2
District of Columbia DC
New Hampshire NH
New Jersey NJ
New Mexico NM
New York NY
North Carolina NC
North Dakota ND
Rhode Island RI
South Carolina SC
South Dakota SD
West Virginia WV
Current Address (Zip)
Phone Number (cell)
Phone Number (home)
Emergency Contact (Name/ Relationship)
Emergency Contact (Phone)
Emergency Contact (Email)
Criminal History (background) Check:
I give my permission for the AmeriCorpsAbility program to conduct a criminal history check. I further consent to the release of criminal history check information to the AmeriCorpsAbility program. I understand that an individual who refuses to consent to a criminal history check is ineligible to serve.
Check the highest level of education that you have completed by the time you are planning to serve (Choose only one.)
some high school
high school diploma/ GED
technical school/ apprenticeship
List all of the schools beginning with high school that you have attended, including trade or technical schools, military training, and employment programs.
Name of School/ Location of School/ Dates Attended/ Major or Area of Study/ Type of Degree or Certificate Earned/ Date Received or Expected
Community Involvement and Skills
Describe how you have reached out to help others and/or how you have been involved in your own community. Explain why you decided to serve or get involved, and what you received in return- that is, what you learned and how it made you feel. List your most recent activity first.
Please describe your level of experience working with our target population-- individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Listed below are various skills areas. Indicate those which you have had experience or training, including volunteer or community service experience. (Choose all that apply.)
Community Org./ Development
Please describe your level of computer literacy and experience (web-based systems, Microsoft Office, programming, etc.).
Do you have a valid driver’s license? Include license number and State
By signing this Electronic Signature Acknowledgement, I agree that my electronic signature is the legally binding equivalent to my handwritten signature. Whenever I execute an electronic signature, it has the same validity and meaning as my handwritten signature. I will not, at any time in the future, repudiate the meaning of my electronic signature or claim that my signature is not legally binding.
Electronic Signature: By typing my name below, I agree that my electronic signature is the legally binding equivalent to my handwritten signature. Whenever I execute an electronic signature, it has the same validity and meaning as my handwritten signature. I will not, at any time in the future, repudiate the meaning of my electronic signature or claim that my signature is not legally binding.
Please type your First and Last Name below:
I understand that checking this box constitutes a legal signature confirming that I acknowledge and warrant the truthfulness of the information provided in this AmeriCorpsAbility service member application.
Electronic Signature Acknowledgement
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Arcpddc.org.
Terms of Service