The Immigrant Resource Center of Maine (IRCM) is seeking a team member to join our creative, supportive, and energetic office. The Finance Director creates and maintains the financial records by recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, and creating financial reports. The Finance Director also maintains the payroll records, tracks employee leave time, and prepares payroll bi-weekly and all payroll reports. The Finance Director maintains and manages grant/contract reporting and tracking for various funding sources. The Finance Director will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined financial/grant systems and procedures.
The ideal team member understands or has worked with violence intervention or on complex social issues, is comfortable working with a wide range of staff who come from different backgrounds, is enthusiastic about non-profit financial management, including payroll, and appreciates a high-paced work environment. A position description can be found here.
IRCM supports refugee and immigrant communities by offering culturally and linguistically sensitive services to promote a healthy and equitable Maine. IRCM promotes empowerment and a multi-cultural environment that honors the strength of immigrants by serving as cultural brokers, barrier reducers, skill enhancers, and problem solvers. IRCM is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to issues of sexual & domestic victimization and social justice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Additional experience as a bookkeeper is preferred.
- Experience processing payroll and working knowledge of related federal/state/local wage, hour, and tax regulations required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent skills in business English and general office practice.
- Computer proficiency, and competence, and experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite, and Google.
- Comfort with and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Follow the Immigrant Resource Center of Maine's Code of Ethics, and, if applicable, follow professional codes of ethics. In addition, to comply fully with all relevant licensing, certification, accreditation, and legal standards as required by the agency, contracts, Medicare, Medicaid (Maine Care), HIPAA, and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Our organization is committed to work/life balance and supporting the individuals with whom we work.
- The position salary range is $50,000 to $65,000, based on tenure and experience.
- Part-time, exempt position, working 30 hours per week.
- 11 paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and retirement package in keeping with industry norms, and a family-friendly schedule.
- Individual health insurance is currently paid 100% by IRCM.
- Applications will be accepted through November 23rd, 2020.
- First interviews (approximately 45 mins via video chat) will be scheduled for the week of December 7th, 2020.
- Finalists will be invited for a second interview (approximately 1 hour) the week of December 14th, 2020.
- We anticipate a start date between December 18 and January 1, 2021
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Salary: $50,000 to $65,000
Job Type: Full-time, 35 hours
Start Date: December 18-January 1,2021
Region Portland- Lewiston area
Specific Location: Lewiston Office & Portland Office
How To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 11/23/2020