Request for PowerSchool Parent Portal Account
The New Fairfield School District is implementing a Parent Portal through PowerSchool as a means to further promote educational excellence and to enhance communication with parents. The Portal allows parents to view their own child’s school records anywhere, any time. The school district agrees to provide free and accurate information, to the best of its ability. The portal is available to every parent or legal guardian of a student enrolled in the school district. The following security measures are in place to insure the safety and privacy of each student:
Parents are not to share their passwords with anyone, including their children. Parents are urged not to set their computer to sign in automatically to enhance security. In addition, accounts will be disabled after five unsuccessful attempts to login.
1. Parents are not to share their passwords with anyone, including their children. Parents are urged not to set their computer to sign in automatically to enhance security. In addition, accounts will be disabled after five unsuccessful attempts to login.
2. Parents are not to attempt to harm or destroy data of their own children, of another user, school or district network, or the internet.
3. Parents are not to use the Portal for any illegal activity, including violation of privacy laws. Anyone found to be violating laws may be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
4. Parents are to recognize that teachers have a reasonable amount of time from the due date to post grades.
5. Parents who identify a security problem with the Parent Portal must notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
6. Parents may be denied access to the Parent Portal with suitable cause, which includes accountabilities and violation of this agreement. Appeals may be made to the building principal. Final appeal resides with the superintendent or his/her designee.
7. Non-custodial parents will have access as allowed by law. Step-parents, who are not the legal guardians, will not be able to access their step children's information from their accounts.
8. Portal account permissions are issued for the duration of a school year.
If you agree to the above, please complete the information below.
Please Note: This name must match the name of a contact with legal rights to educational records that was confirmed on the Contact Verification Forms that went home the first week of school.
Please Note: This email address must match the primary email address for you that was confirmed on Contact Verification Forms that went home the first week of school.
Student Name, Grade, and Date of Birth
List the full names of all students enrolled in NFPS, including their current grade level, and their date of birth.
By typing your full name below as your legal signature, you agree to abide by Board of Education policy 3520.10.
Please note that you will be notified by email to the address listed on this form when your account has been configured and ready for use. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Karen A. Fildes, Director of Technology and Communications, at
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Newfairfieldschools.org.