· Must be present on production night.
· Must be present at weekly budget meetings.
· Hold weekly meetings among news staff.
· Hold office hours for a minimum of 12 hours per week Tuesday through Friday.
· Ensure all staff are in appropriate SLACK channels and have CAMAYAK access.
· News Editor will be responsible for determining what assignments are newsworthy to include in the budget.
· Update and maintain the weekly budget.
· Ensure reporters are meet deadlines and will guide reporters.
· Copyedit all articles before turning into EIC and meet deadlines.
· Provide coverage for a variety of beats such as: city council, faculty senate, student government, president’s cabinet, crime, politics, etc.
· Be knowledgeable in AP style.
· Ensure breaking news is covered and update EIC on coverage plans.
· Help lead multimedia projects with managing editor.
· Communicate effectively with multimedia staff to ensure every article has a photo or graphic.
· Meet deadlines.
· Check University Star email account several times a day.
· Reply to applications within 24 hours.
· Reply to emails within 24 hours.
· Assist with contest entries as needed.
· Assist with one outreach activity per semester.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meeting.
· Ensure all content meets the highest standards of journalistic ethics.