Application for use of Meeting Rooms
Meeting Room Policy
Huntington Memorial Library
The Community Room may be reserved for use by educational, civic, cultural, and governmental groups, when no admission charge is made. The Community Room gives preference to groups sponsored by the library. Profit-making organizations sponsoring an educational program of a non-profit nature will be permitted to use the Community Room provided the meetings are open freely to the general public.
Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for the either the Community Room or The Study. The Community Room has a capacity for 35 people and The Study can accommodate 10 people around tables. The meeting rooms may also be used by patrons at any time if they have not been previously reserved. Final decision for approval of the meeting rooms rests with the Library Director. The Director may, when deemed necessary, consult with the Board of Trustees for a decision to use the meeting rooms.
If a group using the room is disorderly or violates the rules for using the meeting rooms, they will be denied further use of the room.
Rules for the use of the Meeting Rooms
• The meeting rooms are available during open library hours but must be vacated 15 minutes before closing time.
• The library normally will not provide personnel to assist in the handling of exhibits and other materials needed by groups using the meeting rooms.
• Neither the name nor the address of the library may be used as the official name, address, or headquarters of an organization.
• The library is not responsible for equipment, supplies, materials, or other items owned by a community group and used by them in the library. The organization may use its own AV equipment. If library equipment is to be used, the member using the items must demonstrate proficiency.
• Light refreshments may be served but each group is responsible for cleaning up the room after use. Any group not leaving the room in a neat and orderly condition will be notified that a second offense will result in its being denied further use of the room.
• The library carries liability insurance for its own protection and will not be liable to groups or individuals using the Community Room.