- You can bolster your résumé and portfolio with a contribution that’s respected across the industry.
- You’ll have an opportunity to mentor, coach, and give back to the field of campus recreation professionals.
- You gain visibility and open new opportunities to enhance your professional standing.
* Enable members to develop skills and strategies for creating an integrated approach to health & wellbeing
* Empower members to effectively tell the story of campus recreation to their own stakeholders on campus and beyond.
* Present strategies and practices to help members incorporate the Association’s value of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion into members’ professional practice, programs, facilities and services.
- Proposals that are designed to support growth in NIRSA’s Core Competency framework are preferred.
- Proposals with clear learning outcomes and that inspire learners to take action are preferred.
- Content that is current and practical in the campus recreation field is preferred.
- Proposals that include presenters representing diverse cultures, backgrounds, viewpoints, institutions, and regions are preferred.
- Presenters who have subject matter knowledge and experience facilitating learning experiences and/or speaking to groups are preferred.
- Proposals that provide engaging plans for delivery, utilizing best practices in adult learning theory in their outline, are preferred.
- Proposals that demonstrate a program that is innovative, informative, and interactive are preferred.
- If accepted, presenters are required to present the program that was submitted and accepted. We’ll be happy to work with you on slight modifications and refinement of your program if needed, but it is expected (and is very important to attendees) that the session description being communicated to attendees in the final conference program materials represents the actual presentation that will be delivered.