Westward Expansion and Indian Removal Quiz2018
Type your first and last name below:
1.What was the name of the Cherokee Chief who opposed removal?
2. What was the primary (most important) reason for moving the capital of Georgia to Louisville?
The location was more central to Georgia's growing population.
It was better for trading.
The land was good for growing cotton.
Georgia needed a capital away from the coast for security reasons.
3. Which of the following is true regarding the University of Georgia?
It was established by a state government
It was open to all people, not just the wealthy
Its charter was written by Abraham Baldwin
All of the above are accurate
4. Which invention is shown below?
5. Which of the following is true?
Railroads made it possible to send cotton from Georgia's plantation north to the Tennessee River.
Georgia's railroads were built in the 1840s and 1850s
Georgia decided to build railroads because they were worried about competition from South Carolina
All of the above are true
6. Which group gradually signed away or sold land to the United States government and was eventually eradicated from Georgia by the late 1820s?
7. The Dahlonega gold rush caused people to migrate to...
8. Which Creek leader negotiated the Treaty of New York, 1790?
9. Who was executed after agreeing to the Treaties of Indian Springs?
10. Which President is typically blamed for Indian Removal?
George W. Bush
11.Which treaty led to the Trail of Tears?
Treaty of New Echota
Treaty of Paris
Treaty of Ghent
Treaty of New York, 1790
12. What was the ruling in the Worcester v. Georgia Supreme Court Case?
The Cherokee did not have a right to their land.
The State of Georgia had the right to remove the Cherokee.
The U.S. Army had the right to remove the Cherokee
The Cherokee had the right to make their own laws and rule themselves in their territory.
13. Who was the Chief Justice who ruled for the Cherokee in Worcester v. Georgia?
14. How did Andrew Jackson respond to Worcester v. Georgia?
He refused to enforce the ruling and removed the Cherokee anyway.
He agreed with the ruling.
He didn't care about the ruling
None of the above
15. What was found in Dahlonega in the 1830s, causing Georgians to move there?
16. The Cherokee and Creek are the same tribe.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service