CONFERENCE DATES: Wednesday, January 22; Thursday, January 23; Friday, January 24; Saturday, January 25, 2020
CONFERENCE LOCATION: Broadmoor Hotel and Broadmoor Event Center Complex in Colorado Springs, Colorado
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: on or before May 31, 2019
NOTIFICATION DATE: no later than August 31, 2019
2. Proposals are evaluated by the CMEA Council most closely matched with the Session Proposal (Instrumental Council members select Instrumental sessions, etc.)
3. Criteria for selection: quality of proposal (objectives and organization), innovation, importance and timeliness of the topic, practical applicability, and program balance.
4. Presentation times for accepted Clinic/Conference sessions will be assigned by the CMEA Councils and Executive Board. Selected clinicians are expected to be available for any day during the span of the Clinic/Conference when her/his clinic is assigned. Requests for specific presentation times cannot be honored.
5. Colorado Clinicians must be current members of CMEA and must be registered for the Clinic/Conference. While CMEA deeply appreciates their service, Colorado Clinicians are not paid an honorarium or reimbursed for lodging or meals.
6. If your proposal is accepted, you will be expected to NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 1, 2019 (1) submit a digital picture of yourself and a short biography (if none was submitted via this form), (2) submit a short but detailed description for the Conference Program to the council chair (if you have any updates from your original session proposal submission). You will prepare handouts for your session. The CMEA Council Chairs will notify you of approximately how many handouts to bring.
7. CMEA typically provides a screen, microphone, and one music stand in the Clinician’s room. Internet access is not provided by CMEA for presentations. Presenters are expected to bring any and all adapters necessary for connecting their display devices to standard projector inputs (VGA/DVI/HDMI) Please include any special equipment requests in your proposal for consideration.
8. CMEA offers Exhibitor Showcase opportunities for those individuals or companies wishing to promote a product. Clinic Sessions are educational in nature and not intended to promote purchase of a particular product. For information about Exhibitor Showcases, please contact Ken Anderson, CMEA Exhibits Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Session presenters are encouraged to submit session proposals for consideration that would meet the needs of our small school directors (i.e. building instrumentation; selection of music/scoring solutions for lack of instrumentation; recruitment techniques; K-12 management techniques, etc.). These sessions would be designated as a “Small School Clinic.”
By submitting this form, you acknowledge that you understand the above statements.
Further questions? Email CMEA President, Kevin Beaber: email@example.com