As part of the Canada 150 Celebrations, Karen Ludwig, Member of Parliament for New Brunswick Southwest will present a limited edition pin to recognize up to twenty (20) individuals who have been nominated for demonstrating exceptional leadership or volunteerism.
1) Nominees must be residents of the New Brunswick Southwest riding (which encompasses all of Charlotte County and portions of York, Sunbury, Queens, Kings and Saint John Counties, as well as the Kingsclear and Hanwell regions);2) nominees may be both Canadian citizens and landed immigrants;3) nominations are open to all ages;4) each nominee requires two nominators,5) consideration will be given to those who may have not been previously recognized for their contributions in the past.Selection Committee:From all nominated individuals, a selection committee will be tasked with identifying 20 deserving recipients.
I encourage you to nominate an individual to be recognized, based on one or more of the four pillars or recognized as an exceptional community volunteer.
Nominators will be asked to describe in 250 words, the nominees qualities, traits, and accomplishments and how they demonstrate excellence.
Categories:*Bullet descriptors are provided as examples
1) Diversity and Inclusion• Nominee drives positive change among the multicultural community• Nominee promotes and leads engagement of newcomers to the community
2) Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples • Nominee advances reconciliation and renews relationships with Indigenous peoples based on recognition of rights, respect, cooperation and partnership• Nominee is a leader in advancing Indigenous culture, language and literature
3) Youth Engagement and Leadership• Nominee engages youth in community-based activities, giving them voice in decision making• Nominee is a young leader demonstrating strong community involvement and achievement
4) Environmental Stewardship• Nominee demonstrates innovative ways of conserving natural resources, energy and advancing green initiatives• Nominee raises awareness and sets an example of exceptional environmental protection
Nomination forms are available online at KarenLudwigMP.ca, at my constituency office on 49 King St. in St. Stephen or you can request a paper form by emailing me at Karen.Ludwig@parl.gc.ca or phone 1-888-350-4734.
It is the pride within each and every community across Canada that makes us strong as a nation. Thank you for taking the time to consider one of the many exceptional people in your community.
Karen Ludwig, MPNew Brunswick Southwest.