Week 19 of Laws of the Game test - questions by Dutch Referee Blog
Refsworld UK has made some referee goodies available for Dutch Referee Blog's Laws of the Game Quizzes. The monthly prize will (randomly) be alloted to one of the contestants who scored the most points in a particular month. If you want your weekly scores to be summed up, make sure you write down the same email address and user name every week.
NB: if you only want to practice the Laws of the Game you don't have to fill out the user name and email address.
Test your knowledge and become a better referee!
1. A penalty kick is taken and the air goes out of the ball after the ball was touched by the goalie. The ball reaches a defender who kicks it over the goal line. What does the referee decide?
The referee orders a retake of the penalty kick with a new ball
The referee let’s play restart with a corner kick
The referee let’s play restart with an indirect kick for the defending team
The referee let’s play restart by dropping the replacement ball where the original ball became defective
2. In which of the following situations play needs to be restarted with in indirect free kick?
When a player attempts to trip an opponent
When a player trips an opponent
When a player plays in a dangerous manner
When a player pushes an opponent
3. A scissors or bicycle kick ...
Is never permissable
Is only allowed when opponents are more than 3 metres away
is permissible provided that it is not dangerous to an opponent
Is never permissable and should be punished with a yellow card
4. The game is almost over. The referee has allowed some additional time for a penalty kick to be taken. The player kicks the ball on the crossbar, it bounces back into the field of play before the goal-line and then goes into the goal. The referee ...
allows the goal
disallows the goal because the penalty kick was completed when the ball touched the crossbar
disallows the goal because the penalty kick was completed when the ball touched the ground
disallows the goal because the ball has moved away from the goal and thus was completed
5. A player has seen the famous Panenka penalty kick and wants to become famous as well by creating his own style. He backheels the ball into the goal. What does the referee decide?
He disallows the goal, shows the player a yellow card for unsporting behaviour and play restarts with an indirect free kick
He disallows the goal and play restarts with an indirect free kick
He disallows the goal and play restarts with a dropped ball
He allows the goal and play restarts with a kick-off
Do you want to become a better referee and receive a weekly newsletter with useful tips and interesting stories?
Yes, I'd like to receive the weekly Dutch Referee Blog newsletter
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service