Parent Code of Conduct
Eagle High School Mountain Bike Team seeks to instill positive character-building traits in our communities’ youth through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. We ask that parents and their guests attending EHSMTB events help us by reflecting these character traits at any practices, races, and any team events.
When attending EHSMTB events, I therefore agree:
• I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, volunteers, and spectators at every practice, race or other league event.
• I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, volunteer, or parent such as booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures, etc.
• I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and
well-being of the student-athletes.
• I will teach my child to play by the spirit of the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
• I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, or ability.
• I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a race.
• I will respect the coaches and league officials and their authority during practices and races If any issue arise I will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place and not in front of the student-athletes.
• I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during practices and races, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
• I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
• I will wear an appropriate helmet whenever riding a bicycle (NICA Rule 14).
• I will not ride or run on the course within 200 meters of any racers. Parents cannot run alongside the course with a racer for more than 50 meters (NICA Rule 14.2).
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
• Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or member of league organization
• Parental race suspension with written documentation of incident
• Parental season suspension from races and team events
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service