1. This award is given to an individual who has given continuous, sustained support to the school library profession throughout his/her lifetime.
2. Nominees should have served in the school library profession for at least 10 years.
3. Nominees should have exhibited leadership within the profession. Minimally, nominees should be active in their regional branch of KASL. The ideal nominee will have had leadership roles at the state (KASL) and national levels.
4. Nominees should be examples of embracing change and growth. They should have visionary characteristics that helped the school libraries they serve continually move forward.
5. Nominees should have served as advocates for the profession at the local and regional level. The ideal nominee would also have been an advocate for the profession at the state and national level.
6. The award does not have to be presented every year.
7. The award will consist of a plaque from KASL and will be presented during the Summer Refresher Awards Ceremony.
8. Nominees will be solicited by an awards committee. Nomination forms will be due April 15 of each year. In addition to the nomination form, at least 1-3 letters of recommendation must be submitted.
9. Applications will be reviewed annually by the awards committee to decide which candidate, if any, deserves the award.
10. Must include at least 1-3 support letters.
11. Form must be submitted by April 15.