Captain Candidate Form
This is a call for leadership on the Winona Nordic Ski team for the 2020/21 season. The team is looking for multiple individuals to step up into the leadership role of Captain for next season. Please take some time to answer the following questions and submit your form before February 23rd.
“Leadership is not a position or a title, it is action and example.” – Cory Booker
"A good leader inspires people to have confidence in the
leader; a great leader inspires people to have confidence
in themselves." - Author Unknown
What are the 5 most important qualities a Captain must have?
What would you personally bring to the position of team captain that would be different from other candidates?
What ideas do you have to help make your team more successful?
How would you handle the interaction with JV and first year skiers? What would be your goal as team captain for these members of your team?
Team captain statement - a brief statement to the team on why you want to be their captain. (this will be shared with the team)
Anything else that you feel is important for the coaching staff to know about you. *optional*
I realize that being selected to the position of team captain carries with it more responsibility than being just a team member; others in the school and greater community look to me as a leader and role model. I will do my best to exemplify the qualities that the Administration, Athletic Department, Head Coach and school community expect of me. I pledge to adhere to this code of conduct all year-round.
Captain Code of Conduct
- Follow the MSHSL and Winona Athletic Rules by remaining chemical free (I will not use tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs).
- Conduct myself in a manner consistent with the Winona High School Expectations for Acceptable Behavior as outlined in
the Student Handbook.
- Earn the respect of my teammates, the school community and the community of Winona.
- Be a good citizen (I will demonstrate respect, loyalty, cooperation, trustworthiness, selflessness, honesty, compassion
and pride in my school and its positive reputation).
- Demonstrate good school behavior (I will be punctual and abide by school rules).
- Demonstrate positive academic qualities. (I commit to academic progress and my best effort).
- Demonstrate positive athletic qualities (I commit myself to good skills, dedication, commitment to the sport, good
sportsmanship, hard work, teamwork and communication skills).
- Be willing to act as liaison between teammates, coaches, director of athletics, and other appropriate school personnel.
SIX TRAITS OF ATHLETIC LEADERSHIP
1. Inspire his or her teammates.
2. Earn respect of fellow team members through word and deed.
3. Make appropriate choices on and off the athletic "trail".
4. Follow coaching instruction in letter and spirit.
5. Act as a communication liaison between coach and athletes and the athletes themselves.
6. React at his or her best when under stress.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of COTTER SCHOOLS.