India Study Tour - Summer 2020
JULY 7 – 23, 2020 (exact dates dependent upon flight availability)
Deadline for Applications: December 31, 2019
1) Please complete this application form
2) Upload your resume through this form
3) Send a $600 cheque deposit made payable to "Canadian Jesuits International" to the following address:
Attention: Pieter Niemeyer
Canadian Jesuits International
70 Saint Mary Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 1J3
For further inquiries, you may also contact Pieter via:
Tel: (416) 465-1824 ext. 4412
Criteria for selection of participants
Participants who meet some of the following criteria will be selected:
- Demonstrated commitment to and interest in learning about social justice
- Educator/administrator in secondary or post-secondary education
- Individual involved in social justice initiatives
- Commitment to preparing for the trip through orientation sessions
- Ability to work in a team; flexibility, adaptability and openness to new environments and ideas
- Openness to working with people from different cultures, backgrounds and religious beliefs
- Willingness to share experience and learning upon return with community-at-large
Participants from all faiths are encouraged to apply.
Tentative itinerary (subject to change)
Actual itinerary will be updated and set in 2019
- The study tour will begin with 3 days in the capital city of Delhi, visiting important historic, social, cultural and religious sites in this complex metropolis. It will include a visit to the Indian Social Institute which aims to effect social transformation through socially relevant research and advocacy in partnership with marginalized communities.
- We will visit Agra to see the beautiful Taj Mahal.
- We will then travel east to the Darjeeling District of West Bengal where we will spend 8 days hosted by the Jesuits of Darjeeling. There will be excursions to several projects working in the areas of human rights, workers’ rights, food security, access to education, sustainable livelihoods, health and economic development.
- The study tour will conclude with 3 days in Kolkata.
Page 1 of 11
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service