VLA Library Programming Forum
Purpose: The purpose of the Library Programming Forum is to promote collaboration between VLA members tasked with creating library programs. Members of the forum will be encouraged to share their experience with planning, promoting and evaluating library programs.
Goal: The goal of this forum is to build a network of active members who are interested in helping others create quality programs for their library.
Membership: Any active VLA member may participate in any forum.
Forum Officers: The Programming Forum will include a Chair and a Vice Chair. The Chair will serve for one year. After this term, The Vice Chair will assume the position of Chair and members will vote on a new Vice Chair.
Responsibilities: The Chair’s responsibilities include:
1. Pay Association dues by January 1 of each year of office.
2. Attend VLA Council meetings and participate in the affairs of the Association.
3. Initiate and maintain communication with members of the forum.
4. Plan, promote and sponsor forum activities.
5. Maintain record of forum activities; preserve and pass on to successors a record of work and activities with recommendations for changes or actions; send material not needed for this purpose to the Secretary for addition to the Association’s archives.
If the Executive Committee approves the petition, the President of the Association appoints the forum Chair until such time as a meeting is held and a Chair is duly elected by the Forum members. The Chair is a member of the Council.
Petition for Establishing the Virginia Library Association Library Programming Forum
Members wishing to organize a forum must submit a written petition of at least 25 members to the Executive Committee. Please complete the form below to support the petition to the Virginia Library Association to include the Programming Forum.
First and Last Name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service