Ending Nature Deficit Disorder
Watch the clip by Richard Louv titled "We need ways to connect with nature" and read the article "No More "Nature Deficit Disorder"" about the "No Child Left Inside" Movement and answer the series of questions below.
1. What are some of the statistics that Louv uses that supports the idea that children are suffering from Nature Deficit Disorder?
2. Why is Nature Deficit Disorder such a potentially damaging thing to the health and educational development of children?
3. How can it factor into the health and sustainability of the environment?
4. Explain an example of a program that is being used to combat nature deficit disorder.
5. Speaking from a psychological and social standpoint why is this such an important issue to address?
6. Come up with a strategy for yourself on how you can combat your own potential Nature Deficit Disorder
7. Come up with a hypothetical plan for how you can work with your family to increase your (and their) connection to environmental enrichment and education.
Creating a Community Strategy
Come up with a plan for developing a program in your own community to combat Nature Deficit Disorder. Include a mission statement, goals, implementation plan, and target audience with reasoning.
Target Audience (with Justification):
Write a 4-5 sentence "elevator pitch" where you summarize your program, the goals, and why it is necessary.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service