Providing scholarships for building capacity of an organization to send staff for the first time or send more than one staff member to attend the Leadership Exchange in Arts and Disability (LEAD) Conference in Atlanta, GA in August 2018.
I. The Disabilities Fund
The Disabilities Fund of the Chicago Community Trust promotes the development of programs, policy and public action that expands the empowerment, equal opportunity, inclusion and participation of diverse persons with disabilities in the Chicago region. We accomplish this by partnering with and advising the Chicago Community Trust about disability inclusion and priorities for data-driven actionable solutions in the areas of employment, education, community inclusion and technology.
II. Examples of Assistance Appropriate for the Disabilities Fund Matching Grants
The following is an example of the type of assistance appropriate under the Disabilities Fund. Since the total amount of funds available is limited, an attempt will be made to serve as many people as possible.
For application of the matching grant to attend the LEAD Conference • Grant support will cover the full individual conference rate (up to $300) and half of the hotel costs, excluding tax, of an individual’s stay at the conference hotel, Atlanta Marriott Marquis, from Thursday, August 9 - Saturday, August 11 (up to $261) If rooms at Atlanta Marriott Marquis are no longer available, funds should be applied to alternate equivalent lodging for the same duration of time. The scholarship amount will not change. Air, transportation, food and other costs are the responsibility of the individual/organization. Total scholarship to be awarded per individual attendee: $561.
• Criteria: All Chicago region cultural organizations are eligible to apply for scholarships which are sending a staffer to attend the conference either for the staffer’s first time or for the organization’s first time. Successful applicants willdemonstrate a commitment to accessibility by choosing to attend the conference in its entirety Thursday, August 9through Saturday, August 11, 2018 in Atlanta, GA. In addition, successful applicants are required to share with colleagueswhat they’ve learned from the conference through a presentation or internal memo highlighting what would be mostgermane to their organization. The presentation and memo will also have to be submitted to the Disabilities Fund. Only one applicant per cultural organization will be allowed.
III. Inappropriate Use of Disabilities Funds
1. Support of agency overhead or general operating expenses.
2. Support of anything outside of attendance of the LEAD Conference
3. Long term ongoing support to organizations.
1. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all funds have been used. In order to apply for funding to the final deadline is Friday, July 13, 2018.
2. All grant recipients are required to acknowledge the Disabilities Fund when executing the related activities. For example, recognition of the Fund’s involvement will be required in the presentation brief or memo to their organization as required by the criteria.