Support for Besson Street
We are seeking your support for the development on the Besson street site.
The site has been empty for 12 years, it looks an eyesore while people are desperate for affordable housing in the area. The good news is that a collaboration of Grainger (housing developers) and Lewisham Council have recently submitted a planning application to develop the site. It should be going to the Planning Committee on March 23.
New Cross Gate Trust will be attending this meeting and we would like to take along signatures of local residents supporting the plans. You can complete this on line questionnaire or sign a paper version and drop it off at Besson Street Community Garden or we will call round next week to collect it.
Why we think you should support the scheme:
- The housing and community development will transform Besson Street. It will look better, be safer and much more lively.
- We will have a fantastic new purpose-built doctors surgery fit for the 21st century that will much improve health care provision for local residents.
- There will be a new, clean bright pharmacy connected to the surgery.
- There will be 324 new rental housing units. These will offer long term tenancies which means renters have greater stability for themselves and their families. 113 housing units will be at London Living Rent levels. This is a higher rent than social housing but it will support people in work who are not eligible for social housing but cannot afford to buy in the area. This will generate around £1 million a year of much needed revenue for the council which could be spent on social housing or social care for example.
- There will also be new green spaces and mature trees throughout the development with exercise equipment and children’s play equipment. All of this will make a very polluted area of London a healthier place to live.
- There will be new community space that will enable NXG Trust to provide more community activities, for example, fitness and exercises classes and mental health support workshops. We will be consulting with the community about other activities in the near future. This will be in addition to all the other activities and services NXG Trust delivers in the local area, such as English classes for people who speak other languages, adult learning courses such as IT, stay & play sessions for families with young children and so on.
If you are supportive of this scheme, please complete your details below.
Thank you for your support.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service