Call for Presenters for the TSID 2020 Conference
Preparations are underway for the 2020 TSID Conference hosted by the Brazos Valley Interpreters for the Deaf (BVID) in College Station - home of Texas A&M University. We are excited to announce this year’s conference theme: "2020: Sharing the Vision, Shaping the Future”
We believe that TSID is in need of a renewed vision, and by sharing our vision, we can shape the future of interpreting in Texas. We are proud of our TSID history, but realize the need to grow as a profession as we work together to improve our skills and better prepare the next generation of interpreters to serve Deaf Texans.
This year, Texas Association of Judicial Interpreters and Translators (TAJIT) will be joining us for concurrent conferences. These spoken language colleagues will be included for much of our conference sessions, but will also have their own sessions running simultaneously. TAJIT Board is also seeking presenters and their main sessions will be available to TSID conference attendees at no additional cost.
To that end, the conference committee is seeking qualified presenters to conduct workshops, lead discussions and provide skills-based training that will promote TSID's 2020: Sharing the Vision, Shaping the Future. While there is shaping that needs to be done in many areas, we are specifically looking to include training in these areas:
- Preparing to Work in the Justice System
- Court/Court Proceeding Interpreting
- Working with a CDI
- Teaming Protocol
- Mental Health Interpreting
- Understanding what Deaf Consumers Expect from an Interpreter
- Skill Building for K-12 interpreters
- Medical Interpreting
- Interpreting Ethics
- Business Practices
- Religious Interpreting
- Preparing to Enter the Interpreting Profession
We are seeking both Deaf and Hearing presenters to share their knowledge in our shared language of ASL. We are also seeking presenters who will lead sessions in English, as our TAJIT colleagues are not fluent in ASL. Those who wish to present in another language, as would be appropriate for Tri-llingual training, will be considered as well.
* ALL PROPOSALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THEIR ENTIRETY BY DECEMBER 31, 2019.
* Those selected will be notified by email on or about JANUARY 15, 2020.
* Presenter contracts are due back to the Conference Co-Chairs not later than January 31, 2020. Any contracts not received by the due date will be listed on the website as "pending" for up to 2 weeks. Afterwards, subject to being replaced by an alternate workshop.
* Workshop and presenter information will be publicized on the TSID Conference 2020 website by February 1, 2020.
If selected, slides, handouts and any other materials must be made available to the interpreter coordinator one month prior to the conference start date.
Page 1 of 8
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Texas Society of Interpreters for the Deaf.
Terms of Service