mhv/2019 - Call for Speakers
This year’s program committee welcomes speaking proposals from those of you working in the broadcast, content/network provider and OTT industry. If you have something compelling to talk about, please submit a proposal. Submissions will be evaluated by the program committee members based on the topic’s appropriateness, timeliness, relevance and speaker’s credentials.
The following themes are prioritized for mhv/2019, however, proposals of other topics will be considered as well:
- Universal content preparation and delivery (from contribution to consumption)
- Low-latency live streaming, delivering linear content using VoD workflows
- Securing OTT and other video delivery methods against piracy
- Hybrid broadcast/broadband methods
- ATSC 3.0 personalization
- Encoding for OTT, AI in encoding, analytics, delivery and UX
- Content discovery, promotion and recommendation
- Protocol and Web API optimizations, improvements and innovations for streaming video
Keep in Mind
- Talks will be 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for comments and Q&A.
- Talks must address a topic in the broadcast, cable, or OTT distribution domain.
- Talks must be technical in nature; no product or service sales pitches. It is OK to show examples, lessons learned, or results gleaned from your products or services, though.
- Attending the event will be free of charge, but everybody including the speakers must register.
- All talks and Q&A sessions will be recorded. The video along with the slides will be posted online after the event. Every speaker must accept and sign the release form. No exceptions.
Comments to the Program Committee
Permission for Recording and Sharing
I permit my talk to be recorded and my slides to be shared, and will sign the release form.
Program Committee Co-Chairs
Weidong Mao (Comcast)
Keith Davidson (Sky)
Program Committee Members
Frederic Gabin (representing 3GPP)
Glenn Reitmeier (representing ATSC)
Yasser Syed, Alex Giladi and Ali C. Begen (representing Comcast)
Paul Hearty (representing CTA and SCTE)
Will Law (representing DASH-IF)
Jon Piesing (representing DVB and HbbTV)
Jason Thibeault (representing SVA)
Thierry Fautier (representing Ultra HD Forum)
Chris Johns (representing VR-IF)
Mark Vickers (representing W3C)
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Networked Media.
Terms of Service