Cleaner Greener Schools Registration
The Cleaner Greener Schools accreditation and awards program provides opportunities for students, teachers, leadership and principal teams to follow an action plan that targets seven key focus areas; LITTER, WASTE, RECYCLING, ENERGY, WATER, BIODIVERSITY and CIVIC / COMMUNITY.
Participating schools receive formal recognition (1 to 5 star rating) for their environmental credentials.
- To build further knowledge, skills and advanced attitudes across seven key focus areas,
- To inspire students and teachers to explore their school’s environmental footprint,
- To develop the capacity and networks of regional and remote teachers,
- To engage leaders; in the classroom, at school, and in the community,
- To establish a resource hub for educators with lesson plans and activities that align with the Australian Curriculum.
Students will achieve a greater understanding:
- of the benefits of recycling and waste reduction
- of issues surrounding litter, waste, recycling and other sustainable practices
- of how waste and litter impacts the school and wider community
- of actions they can take to reduce waste and litter and improve practices in other areas.
Each participating school will receive an ‘accreditation rating’ (signage and badge to promote your accolade).
Schools can submit projects for consideration in our annual Sustainable Schools Awards
- Clean School Award
- Waste Warrior Award
- Litter Legend Awards
- Waste Innovation Award
- Water Conservation Award
- Energy Innovation Award
- Habitat for Humanity Award
- Most Improved School Award
- Regional Leadership Award
- Community Champions Award
- (overall) Queensland’s Cleaner Greener School Award 2022