I understand that it is the goal of the Maryland Faerie Festival (hereinafter referred to as MdFF) to provide a family friendly open-to-the-public event. As such, the festival strives to provide a safe space for people of all ages and backgrounds. With this view in mind, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I hereby state that I am a volunteer. I am not an employee, agent, subagent, independent contractor or subcontractor. I understand that all other participants in MdFF are similarly volunteers.
2. I understand that MdFF has a no illicit drugs or intoxicating herbals policy.
3. I also understand that while alcohol is permitted; drunkenness, disorderly behavior and underage drinking is not.
4. I will peace-tie any bladed weapon I may use for costume purposes during festival hours, and I will not bring any other type of weapon onto festival grounds.
5. I will not bring any pets or other animals onto the festival grounds without the express consent of the event’s Producer.
6. I will avoid any outward display of an overtly religious, political or sexual nature.
7. I understand that MdFF may terminate my volunteer service at any time for any reason.
8. I understand that MdFF will be held on the grounds of Camp Ramblewood (hereinafter referred to as the Camp) and I agree to abide by the rules, regulations and policies of the Camp while I am on the Camp property.
9. I hereby assume all risks inherent in, or associated with this event; and do so voluntarily. I also agree to take sole responsibility for my own acts or omissions, which may cause personal damage, property damage or criminal liability. I state that I understand the nature of the festival and have carefully considered all possible risks involved.
10. I also agree to take responsibility for my own level of fitness and physical sensitivity.
11. I, my heirs, successors and assigns hereby agree to forever release and hold harmless all MdFF leadership and sponsoring entities, individuals and other forms of association from all liabilities actually, proximately, or by intervention caused by or arising from this event, which includes but is not limited to attorney fees, discovery and court costs.
12. I also agree that invalidity or unenforceability of one or more provisions of this Agreement shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement.
13. If I am agreeing on behalf of a minor, I hereby state that I have the legal authority to do so, and that I am at least 18 years of age as of June 1, 2018.