The MTBA promotes Respect, Fairness and Sportsmanship for all participants within the Monroe Travel Baseball Program. It is expected that all parents of Monroe Travel Baseball read and understand the Parents Code of Conduct and continue to observe and follow all the principles contained within the Code throughout the season.
1. I will not contact the manager, a coach or an evaluator prior to or after the tryout process.2. I will never yell, taunt, threaten or inflict physical violence upon any player, coach, official or spectator at any youth Travel Baseball activity.3. I will refrain from undermining the manager and coaches, starting rumors, creating sideline gossip and an atmosphere that promotes negativity.4. I will refrain from the use of abusive or vulgar language, racial, ethnic or gender related slurs at any time.5. I will leave the coaching to the coaching staff. I will encourage my child to play in a manner consistent with the team’s strategy or plans.6. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to Travel Baseball for my child.7. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or any other players for making a mistake or losing a competition.8. I will respect the umpires and their authority during games. I will not confront an umpire before, during or after a game.9. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.10. I will learn the rules of the game so that I may best support my child’s development.11. I will not confront coaches at the game field. I will take the time to speak with the coaches at an agreed upon time and place and it must be at least 24 hours after the game.12. I will remember that my child plays Travel Baseball for his or her enjoyment, not the managers or coaches.13. I will teach my child that playing by the rules, doing their best is more important than winning so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.14. I will teach my child that this is a team sport and no one individual can determine the outcome of a game.15. No illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages at any games or practices. This will result in immediate parent removal from the Travel Program.16. I understand that pulling my child off the field during a game or practice abruptly without an excusable reason could lead to dismissal from the team.17. Parents will adhere to all posted park rules at JMP, Oak Tree School, or any other field utilized by the MTBA.
By clicking yes above, I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action at the Manager's and MTBA Board's discretion including my child being removed from the team.
Players Code of Conduct
1. Display good sportsmanship and team play at all times.2. Control their emotions at all times. MTBA Travel players need to think first then act, not the other way around.3. Follow the direction of the coaching staff.4. Respect all coaches, players, league officials, umpires, opponents and spectators.5. Make every attempt to be on time and ready to play for all games and practices. Players shall not…6. The use of abusive or profane language, name-calling, taunting or humiliating other players will not be tolerated. This includes chants or chatter to frustrate the other team. Even if the other team is taunting us. MTBA will not participate in this type of activity.7. Question an umpire’s call.8. Throw helmets, bats, gloves or anything of that nature in or out of the dugout. This will not be tolerated and will be subject to disciplinary action.9. Quit the travel team at any time. Quitting the travel team will possibly and probably cause a suspension from the travel program the following year.10. Leaving a game or practice abruptly without an excusable reason could be dismissal from the team.
By clicking yes above, I also agree that if my child does not abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, he may be subject to disciplinary action at the Manager's discretion including reduced or no playing time or even removal from the team.
1. I hereby authorize the participation of the Minor to participate in the Activities and to use any equipment and facilities in connection with the Activities with the full understanding that he/she will participate in potentially hazardous activities. I consent to the Minor’s participation in the Activities and hereby accept and assume all such risks, known and unknown, and assume all responsibility for the Minor’s participation in the Activities. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and hold harmless and covenant not to sue the Monroe Township Baseball Association, its agents, owners, officers, directors, volunteers, managers, coaches, participants, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their respective behalf (“Monroe Baseball”) from any claims, demands, or causes of action, which are brought by, or on behalf of the Minor, and which are in any way connected with participation by the Minor in the Activities or the use of any equipment or facilities in connection with the Activities, including any such claims which allege the failure of equipment or facilities or the negligent acts or omissions of Monroe Baseball.
2. I know the nature of the Activities and the Minor’s experience and capabilities, and believe the Minor to be qualified to participate in the Activities. I am aware, and have instructed the Minor, of the risks and dangers of the Activities. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the Activities. I further understand that I am responsible for providing a protective cup and heart guard for my child’s participation.
3. I hereby consent to and authorize the MTBA and anyone that the MTBA grants such permission to, to record, tape, film, photograph, edit, alter, copy or otherwise preserve in permanent form the Minor’s name, likeness, image, and/or voice, and publish, distribute, make use of and transmit such photographs and/or recordings in any media now know or hereafter known or devised at any time, and in any related advertising or publicity related to the Activities without payment or other consideration. This authorization shall continue indefinitely, unless I revoke such authorization in writing.
4. I understand the photographs and/or recordings will become the property of the MTBA and will not be returned and that neither I, nor the Minor, shall have any right of review or approval regarding the photographs and/or recordings.
5. I hereby release and hold harmless, and I covenant not to sue, the MTBA, on behalf of myself, my children and our respective parents, heirs assigns, personal representatives and estates, from any all claims, demands, or causes of action based on or arising out of the Minor’s name, likeness, image, and/or voice or use of photographs and/or recordings.
By checking the box below, I hereby certify to having sufficient opportunity to read this document and that I am the parent or guardian of the Minor. I have read it thoroughly and understand it, agree to be bound by its terms, and sign it voluntarily without inducement.