KoreanAmericanStory.org's ROAR Story Slam 2020
Thank you for your consideration in participating in our 4th annual ROAR Story Slam! Please complete the form below and follow the video guidelines below. We're so excited to hear your story!
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age. There is no entry fee.
- All entries must be in English. Any Korean or other language used must be translated.
- Finalists must be available to compete in person at the live ROAR Story Slam event location that they registered for. At the ROAR live finals, stories must be told without scripts or props at a standing microphone.
- All finalists must agree to sign a waiver allowing the use of the live competition video by KoreanAmericanStory.org.
HOW TO ENTER
Stories must be personal and true as remembered. Submissions must in some way involve being Korean American, but may be about the extraordinary or the ordinary, tragic or funny, heavy or light. Styles may vary and creativity is encouraged, but props are not allowed.
To enter, please submit a video of yourself telling your story no longer than 6 minutes.
- All entries must be no longer than six minutes in length. Please stay within the time limit.
- Storytellers may hold/reference scripts, but may not use any other props.
- The video should be filmed at half-body distance (no close-ups), ideally with a simple indoor background.
- Please upload your video as “Unlisted” on YouTube.
- If you are submitting something you have presented elsewhere, you are still required to adhere to this format. Please do not submit an old video unless it conforms to this required format.
Los Angeles Deadline:
Monday, January 20th, 2020, 11:59 pm EST
Los Angeles Event Date:
Friday, February 28th, 2020
Which city are you applying for?
Los Angeles, California
New York City, New York
Are you over 18 years old?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of KoreanAmericanStory.org, Inc..