Are you ready for the 1st annual BBQ Competition in Travelers Rest, SC! Voting for Town’s Best happens on September 8, 2017 as a part of the TR Town & Art Crawl. Public vote will be cast to name Town’s Best BBQ. This food competition will be benefiting a local charity her in the Travelers Rest area.
We want your BBQ to be voted the best, here are the rules:
1. Pork shoulder should be cooked to a minimum of 190 degrees internal temperature. Pork should be pulled or chopped and brought in a metal serving tray. We will have a large smoker onsite for you to keep your pork warm during the contest.
2. Please make a minimum of 10 lbs of pulled pork for tasting.
3. Your sauce! Don’t forget you can bring one homemade sauce for tasters to add to the top of your BBQ sample. Please bring this sauce on the side and in a squeeze bottle (preferred), so it can be easily added by our tasters. You will be asked to write down the sauce name and basic ingredients for our tasters.
4. We do encourage creativity with your flavor combinations and using local ingredients!
5. Arrival for competition can be as early as 3p and no later than 5:30p. This event will be in the parking lot of the FH Cigars in downtown Travelers Rest, 128 S. Main St, Travelers Rest, SC 29690.
6. Unloading should be done at the back of the building. Parking back there will be limited, so if you can move your car after unloading to the TR Methodist Church or another close public space it would be very helpful.
7. We will provide tasting cups, tents, tables, tablecloths, signage and access to a general power outlet. Please bring an outdoor extension cord and splitter if you plan to use power.
8. In order to make this contest as fair as possible, we will have volunteers helping to serve your samples.
9. You will need to bring your pulled pork, sauce, tongs or serving fork for putting meat in sample cups provided.
10. This competition will be voted on by the public. Voters will taste all the BBQ and then use their fork to cast their vote in the bucket in front of their selected favorite.
11. As the winner, you will be crowned “Towns Best” and gain access to all the applicable bragging rights.
The season is right for BBQ tasting and we look forward to all the competition! This event is open to restaurateurs and residents of Travelers Rest and neighboring communities.
For more information or to get question answered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-351-7995.
Kristin LaRoyEvent OrganizerTR Town & Art Crawl