Volunteers will help set up, assist at attractions and stations, and help as runners/floaters. VOLUNTEERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SAMPLE ALCOHOL.
*Please note, volunteers must be at least 21 years old. Also, we do not accept volunteers needing court ordered service.
Through this Volunteer Participation and Waiver Agreement, I authorize Nashville Zoo and its employees to take all necessary steps to insure my, and/or my legal dependent's, health and safety in case of an emergency. I, as the Volunteer or as the parent/legal guardian of the registered minor Volunteer, do hereby knowingly release and hold harmless Nashville Zoo, Inc. from any injury, accident or damage sustained by myself or my legal dependent while serving as a Volunteer.
- I authorize Nashville Zoo to use my, and/or my legal dependent's, name and photograph for education, public relations and marketing purposes related to Nashville Zoo.
- I agree that I am available to work the times and days I have indicated on this form, and commit to the entire shift listed above.
- I pledge to make my volunteer station a No Phone Zone. I will not text or use my phone while volunteering.
- *I agree to not consume alcohol or use any controlled substance while volunteering for the event.*
- I agree not to be under the influence of any controlled substances while volunteering for the event.
- My conversations will not include inappropriate topics that may be deemed offensive to others.
- I will not attempt to approach or touch any wildlife.
- Any unusual situations will be reported to Nashville Zoo staff.
I understand that acceptance as a volunteer is based on a combination of my skills and interests and the needs of Nashville Zoo. Nashville Zoo at Grassmere reserves the right to reject a volunteer for any reason which the Zoo, in its sole judgment, determines will or may affect the best interests of the Zoo. Furthermore, the Zoo reserves the right to withhold the reason(s) for such refusal.