Voting – and not voting – in Philadelphia elections
In the 2017 municipal primary election, only 1 in 5 Philadelphians between the ages of 18 and 35 voted. Young Involved Philadelphia (YIP) is surveying city residents about which elections they vote in, their reasons for not voting, and whether they plan to vote in the upcoming municipal election in November. The results of this survey will be used to help YIP improve its Get Out the Vote efforts.
The survey will take 5 minutes to complete. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey and sharing your comments!
1. Which recent elections did you vote in? (Check all that apply)
2017 Municipal Primary (including District Attorney and Controller)
2016 Presidential General Election
2016 Presidential Primary
2015 Municipal General Election (including Mayor and City Council)
2015 Municipal Primary (including Mayor and City Council)
2014 General Election (including Governor and Congressional Midterm Elections)
2014 Primary (including Governor and Congressional Midterm Elections)
2. Do you plan to vote in the 2017 General Election (including District Attorney and Controller)?
3. If no or maybe, why not?
4. If you have not voted in previous municipal elections, what are the top reason(s) why not? (Select up to three)
Not interested in municipal politics
Out of town during the election
Lack of knowledge about municipal politics
Missed the voter registration deadline
Lines are too long at my polling place
Did not like any of the candidates
Difficult to find information about the candidates
Registered Independent and cannot vote in the primaries
Too busy to vote / length of time to vote
Unsure where my polling place is located
Lack of knowledge about the candidates
Unable to get to my polling place (for health or medical reasons)
Forgot to vote
Did not feel my vote would make a difference
Did not believe there were major differences between the candidates
5. Where do you learn about candidates before voting? (Check all that apply)
Campaign social media accounts (twitter, facebook, etc.)
Conversations with colleagues
Billy Penn, Committee of 70, and/or other local collection of candidate profiles
Conversations with family
Nonpartisan voter information websites
Conversations with friends
6. How long have you lived in Philadelphia?
Less than 1 year
7. Which zip code do you live in?
8. Which of the following describe your race or ethnicity (check all that apply)?
Native American or American Indian
Hispanic or Latino
Black or African American
9. Which best describes your gender?
Prefer not to say
10. What is your age?
20 and under
11. What is your party registration?
Independent / No Affiliation
I'm not registered to vote
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service