4th grade Safe at Home Program
1. Your family decides you can stay home alone after school, but you are scared and not sure you want to. What should you do?
A. Talk to your family about your fears
B. Go to a friend's house every day so you don't have to stay alone.
C. Stay at home and never say anything.
D. Talk to your friend and not your family about how you feel.
2. Your family rule is, "no friends over when you are home alone," but you are bored. What should you do?
A. Keep calling your parent to ask if you can please invite a friend over.
B. Watch TV for the whole time
C. Sneak a friend into the house and keep it a secret.
D. Walk around the neighborhood.
3. You arrive home, but your key is not in your pocket, or you forgot your code. What should you do?
A. Wait outside until your family gets home from work.
B. Try to break a window to get into your house.
C. Go to a trusted neighbor or friend's house who keeps a spare key to get it, or call someone who has your code.
D. Walk around the neighborhood.
4. You are home alone after school and hungry. You want a grilled cheese sandwich, but the family rule is you cannot use the stove. What should you do?
A. Call a parent at work and beg to use the stove this one time.
B. Use the stove carefully to prove you can do it safely.
C. Go next door and ask a trusted neighbor to fix a grilled cheese sandwich for you.
D. Choose another snack food that does not need cooking.
5. Your phone is not working and it's an emergency. What should you do?
B. Go to a trusted neighbor's house to call your parent.
C. Take the phone apart and try to fix it.
D. Just wait until your family comes home to take care of it.
6. A man calls and asks to talk to your dad. What should you do?
A. Tell him your dad is busy and take a message from him.
B. Hang up.
C. Give him your dad's number at work.
D. Tell him you are home alone and your dad is at work.
7. You are on the computer chatting with your friends and someone comes online who you do not know. He wants to meet you after school tomorrow. What should you do?
A. Give him your name and phone number instead.
B. Ask him for a picture so you can see what he looks like.
C. Shut down the computer and tell your family what happened.
D. Pick a place to meet him after school
8. A woman you do not know comes to the door. She has had car trouble and wants to use the phone. What should you do?
A. Tell her your parents are not home and you do not know what to do.
B. Unlock the door and let her in.
C. Go outside to see if you can help with her car.
D. Tell her through the door to go to the next door neighbor's house.
9. You are walking home from school and notice someone is following you. What should you do?
A. Turn around and ask the person, "Why are you following me?"
B. Walk quickly to catch up with a group of kids and walk with them.
C. Run into the woods to lose the stranger.
D. Throw rocks at the stranger.
10. You need to make a 911 emergency phone call. What should you do?
A. Say, "I am in danger, please come quick."
B. Say your name and address and hang up.
C. Say what happened, your address, your name, and your telephone number and stay on the line with the operator.
D. Say, "I can't find my dog, can you come here?"
11. Your little brother has fallen from the second floor. He is lying motionless at the bottom of the steps. What should you do?
A. Pick him up and carry him to a trusted neighbor.
B. Call 911 and give them the emergency information.
C. Call your mom at work.
D.Throw some cold water on him to wake him up.
12. You are watching TV and an emergency warning comes on and announces a sever thunderstorm in the area. What should you do?
A. Turn off the TV, stay away from the windows, and get out the flashlight.
B. Call a friend to talk until the storm passes because you are scared.
C. Go outside to see if you see a storm coming.
D. Take a bath.
13. You are doing your homework and smell smoke, but you don't see any flames. What should you do?
A. Continue doing your homework until you see flames.
B. Go to your phone and call 911
C. Go outside your house to call 911 (from a trusted neighbor's or your cell phone).
D. Wait until your mom comes home in 15 minutes.
14. You are at a friend's house and they say they have something cool to show you; their dad's gun. What should you do?
A. Handle the gun without permission.
B. Play with the gun.
C. Watch your friend play with the gun.
D. Do not handle the gun and tell an adult immediately.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service