Do you want to learn more about how cultural organizations make decisions and use their resources?
Do you want to work with other Lower East Side / East Village residents towards greater equity and access to arts and culture?
University Settlement and FABnyc are partnering to launch the Lower East Side Community Culture Council! The LESCCC is an intergenerational team of community residents, University Settlement staff, and FABnyc staff. The council will explore opportunities to bring creative programming to public and community spaces in our neighborhood. We will select and collaborate with artists and/or community partners to envision and plan creative actions that support greater access and equity.
APPLY NOW TO BE A PAID MEMBER OF THE FIRST EVER LES COMMUNITY CULTURE COUNCIL!
Priority given to residents and staff of Campos Plaza, Meltzer Houses, Hernandez Houses, Baruch Houses, 10 Stanton, Cooper Square MHA, Smith, Fabria, First, Rutgers, Jacob Riis, Wald, LES Infill, LaGuardia, Gompers, Stanton Street, Two Bridges, and Vladeck Houses, but open to the wider LES/East Village community.
The LESCCC is modeled on the Brooklyn Intergenerational Community Arts Council, a community arts program developed by University Settlement in partnership with BRIC
The Community Culture Council is a joint program of University Settlement’s Performance Project Arts Program and FABnyc. Support for this program is generously provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs
• Training in Arts Project Management, Curation, Marketing, Collaborative Partnering, Storytelling and Media Skills.
• The chance to see professional music, theater, visual art and dance
• A stipend of up to $750 for participating in monthly workshops, art ﬁeld trips, and meetings to plan our community arts & culture events (approx. $50 per meeting).
• Passion for the arts & culture
• Attendance at one Wednesday night meeting per month, from 6–8pm (snack will be provided), plus willingness to participate in other arts & culture opportunities.
• Willingness to serve as an ambassador for arts & culture in your community
• You must be 18 years of age or older
• You can apply using this online form OR submit a print application to the front desk of University Settlement 184 Eldridge St, New York, NY 10002.
• Printer friendly application available here: www.fabnyc.org/lesccc-print-application
• If you have any questions please contact: email@example.com
• We recommend writing your responses in a separate document and then copying them into this form when you are ready to submit. This form does not have a save feature. Do not risk losing your writing!
• Support for this program is generously provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs
• To learn more about FABnyc visit: www.fabnyc.org
• To learn more about University Settlement visit: www.universitysettlement.org