School of Richmond Ballet 2021 Summer Intensive Program Audition Form
School of Richmond Ballet Summer Intensive 2021 Audition Information
Judy Jacob, Artistic Associate & School Director
School of Richmond Ballet Summer Intensive June 28-July 30, 2021 Audition Information
Requirement: 12-21 years of age with strong ballet training.
Acceptance into this intensive program is by audition only. School of Richmond Ballet auditions take place annually January-March. We strongly recommend that those interested attend an audition in person. However, if this is not possible School of Richmond Ballet will accept a video audition. We have established specific building entry and class protocols that all staff and students must follow to keep our community safe. Please see our website
for details on our safety procedures.
Please complete the Google Form for pre-registration. This online form will ask for your two recent full-length photos as described below, résumé, audition video or link (if you are not auditioning in person), and $35 fee. Please ensure that your name appears on all material.
Video Audition Form
Please note that no video applications will be accepted after March 1, 2021. We ask for you to upload your audition video via the Google Form. If technical issues occur, then feel free to send it to either
or Mariah Taghavie-Moghadam, 407 East Canal Street, Richmond, VA 23219.
Audition Video Requirements: (No more than 10 minutes in length)
No Barre Work, only basic Centre work (please film in a studio or appropriate space, ensuring your entire body can be seen head to toe):
1. Adagio work displaying port de bras, body positions, arabesques, and attitudes showing line and musicality.
2. Multiple pirouettes, en dehors and en dedans, sur place and en diagonal. (Please show double and triple turns if advanced level)
3. Small and medium allegro combinations displaying a range of technical advancement and musicality. (Including jetes, assembles, sissones, beats, and connecting steps, etc.)
4. Grand allegro, as space permits. (Men include tours en l’air)
5. Ladies only - Pointe work – Center floor only.
Full length. Ladies in black leotard with pink or skin-toned tights and shoes. Gentlemen in white or black t-shirt with black tights and shoes.
1. First position of feet, with tendu a la seconde, arms low or in second position facing the camera.
2. First arabesque profile (ladies en pointe if advanced).
Resumes are optional for ages 12-15. They are encouraged for ages 16 and older. Letters of recommendation are appreciated.
For more information, please contact:
Page 1 of 7
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service