Sign up to hear about mentoring in 2021!
Are you looking for a mentor? • Are you interested in studying an arts or humanities degree? • Would you like a career in the arts or media? • Do you want advice from experts in the creative and cultural industries?
Arts Emergency can offer you in 2021:
- a year-long one-on-one mentoring scheme for 16-18 year olds who are interested in the arts or humanities.
- mentoring opportunities for 18 - 25 year olds with an interest in the creative industries.
How does mentoring work?
– You will be matched with an industry professional who shares your interests
– Regular meetings with your mentor in a public space
– Together you will focus on your goals and what you want to do
– Your mentor will help by offering advice and guidance as well as helping you to build your confidence and connections
What happens after mentoring?
After mentoring finishes we’ll invite you to become a young member of our network and we’ll offer you opportunities, advice and industry connections until you’re 25.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you live in London, Manchester, Thanet, Liverpool, Bristol or Cardiff.* We try to work with young people who most need the support of an Arts Emergency mentor, and therefore every mentee must tick at least one of the criteria below:
– First generation in the family to attend university
– Household income below £25,000 per annum
– Family receive Universal Credit
– In care or a care leaver
– Eligible for free school meals between Year 7-11
– Have a learning difficulty or disability
– Refugee or asylum seeker
– Young parent or carer
– A person of colour (Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic)
How do I apply?
Applications for mentoring will open in Autumn 2020. Please sign up below and we’ll email you when applications open with details on how to apply. If successful, you will be matched up and invited to meet your mentor in January 2021.
If you have any questions, or are a school/teacher hoping to work with us please contact
* We are planning to launch projects in Liverpool, Cardiff and Bristol in 2021 however this is funding dependent so will be confirmed later in the year.
Date of Birth
How would you describe yourself?
A young person hoping to apply for a mentor
From an organisation that supports young people
We run mentoring projects in London, Manchester and Thanet, please tell us the areas you are interested in.
How did you hear about Arts Emergency?
How we use this information
The information collected in this form will be used to tell you about upcoming mentoring opportunities, and to help us improve our service. We'll keep it safe and won't share it with anyone else unless you give us permission (eg to introduce you to a mentor).
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Arts Emergency.