Adding to the Ignite! experience and the city of Combustia are art grants, expanding the Spirithaven landscape to art and creativity that will inspire us all! New this year we are opening up the center stage area to become the Center Campus and invite you to think about that space for art grant support (more info on Center Campus stage booking soon). We invite you to contribute to that experience and would love to hear your ideas and see if we can help fund their completion.
Anyone can apply for an art grant; you don't have to be a professional or even consider yourself an artist. We want YOU to make something to share! This is an all ages opportunity. If under age 18, the individual must have an adult sponsor that is approved by parent or guardian (if not one of those).
All forms of creativity may apply; in addition to fire and lights, other iterations of creativity are: performance art, crazy costuming, interactive installations, sculptures great and small, floating and flying dreams, and ephemeral experiences. You can engage any or all of the five senses, and give us an experience to take home that we won’t find anywhere else. The number of projects we will fund is not limited, but the total amount of funds we have limits the final results.
Read it thoroughly and fill it out early so you don't forget!
Please forward any questions to email@example.com
Remember: You only have until Saturday, December 31st 2016!
This document outlines the following elements: Process, Exemptions,
Selection Criteria, and Application Requirements.
Please be thorough in your responses and include pictures! Projects that
are thoroughly yet concisely described with images included have been the
most successful at receiving funding.
These elements should give you what you need to apply. We have worked
hard to level the playing field, so read through everything and show us how
amazing the art will be this year. Please forward any questions, images,
renderings, and other support materials electronically to
Also let us know if you are interested in being part of Jury Duty! Jury will convene before January 20th 2017!
Share your creativity with the Ignite family!
Process & Schedule:
*Ignite 2017 - Friday May 26- Monday May 29th (Memorial Day weekend)
*Friday Oct. 21, 2016 - Announcement
*Dec. 31, 2016 - All Applications received
*Dec. 31, 2016 - Jury Recruitment:
* January 9th-20th - Jury process (The jury reviews scores, selects projects, and recommends funding via conference call TBD)
* Jan 21st- 23rd - Applicants and IGN Treasurer Shawman are notified of their selection and funding
* Feb. 1st- first payment of 60% checks out to artists
• Feb/March/April/May- Artists proceed with fabrication/construction process
• Mid/ March -April 1st- Proof of substantial completion will be due for distribution of the second payment of 30%
• Thursday May 25th - Delivery and installation at Ignite
• Early June - Final Payment of 10% received after the event (possible final payment on site tbd)
There are limits to what Ignite will fund for these projects. Consider the following as you develop your concept:
Exemptions from funding:
• Individual Theme Camp (note that creativity placed within Theme Camps can be considered)
• Artists' time, labor, or personal transportation costs
• Theme Camp Infrastructure (structures, bar, sound systems, lighting, etc.)
• Large scale equipment, including durable items mainly intended for personal use
• Prior recipients of Creativity Grants (augmentation of prior pieces may be considered)
• Feasibility Physical - Financial - Schedule - Is it well thought out and realistic?
• Community Engagement/Interaction Does it engage burners and add to the Ignite Experience?
• Safety Is it safe, in regard to fire, heights, sharp metal, or other physical danger? Remember this is an all ages event. Children will be present.
• Leave No Trace Environmental Concerns – Is it effective within the Spirithaven environment? Does it adhere to burner principles?
• Jury Preference/Personal Appeal The jury considers if it is something they would personally like to see at Ignite.
Application information and details are listed below - be thorough and concise, noting when elements are not applicable (N/A)