Volunteer Application - Standon Calling Festival (22-25th July 2021)
Every year an incredible team of volunteers help us to make Standon Calling amazing and we are now accepting applications for the fifteenth edition of Standon Calling from 22-25 July 2021.
For more details on the festival line up:
We will expect you to volunteer 16 hours over the festival (Thursday 22nd - Sunday 25th July 2021), so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the festival. No previous experience is needed. Full training will be provided.
What we provide:
- A free ticket to the festival;
- Wristband credit equivalent to 1x meal voucher OR 4x drink vouchers each 8hrs you volunteer (the credit can only be collected after your shifts and they can be redeemed with selected traders on the festival site);
- Access to a dedicated staff campsite area with hot showers (you need to bring your own tent, camping gear, and sleeping bag). If you live locally, you can choose not to stay on site overnight.
You will be assigned to a specific team before the festival opens.
Tasks may include (but are not limited to):
- TOP UP STATIONS: Standon Calling is a cashless festival and all payments are made using the festival wristbands. The top up station volunteers are based in our two top up cabins, providing information on the top up system and supporting the festival goers in topping up their wristbands. Cash handling may be required. The role is mostly indoor, but we may ask you to help with some outdoor tasks, including managing the queue and providing information.
- INFO TENT: Supporting the info tent in providing information, helping with lost properties and accessibility issues. This role is based at the info tent and may require some outdoor tasks.
- LAVISH LAND CONCIERGE & BUGGY DRIVERS: Lavish Lands is our premium camping field. Your tasks will be welcoming the Lavish Land customers at the concierge desk and/or help with the Lavish Land camping reception; attach tags to customer's bags; driving buggy containing Lavish Lands customers' bags from Concierge Location to Lavish Lands reception. The role is mostly outdoor. No Saturday shifts, no late nights. Shifts available also on Monday morning. You must be 18+ and hold a valid driving licence to be considered for this role.
- GREEN VOLUNTEERS / CAMPING STEWARDS: Your main task will be to walk around the campsite, talking to the public about the green initiatives the festival is undertaking, and making sure the tents are not obstructing fire lanes.
- GATE STEWARDS / WRISTBANDING TEAM: supporting the team at the main gate, your task will be to scan tickets and to allocate the right wristband to customers.
- OTHER ROLES: we may also have other tasks, including helping with queue management, social distancing, and general production support. These additional tasks will be confirmed closer to the festival.
CREATIVE TEAM: If you are interested in helping the creative team in building and decorating the festival and you are available the weeks leading to the festival, please contact
You must be aged 18+ on 22nd July 2021 to volunteer at Standon Calling Festival.
We accept applications from 16-18yo volunteers only if they are volunteering with a responsible adult (21+).
On accepting your role, you will be asked to pay a fully refundable deposit of £100.
We know a deposit is a lot to ask - this is part of our policy to prevent volunteers not attending their shifts (it happened before, and this is not fair for the rest of the team). The deposit will be refunded in full after the completion of your last shift.
If you’re unable to attend the festival having already committed to volunteer and paid your deposit, you must notify our team ASAP and by 30th June 2021 the latest. If you notify us by this date, we will refund the deposit in full. If you cancel after this date, it will be very difficult for us to replace you, and therefore your deposit will NOT be refunded in order to cover our administrative costs. We would consider reviewing this rule in case of exceptional circumstances including medical conditions and health concerns.
You will be sent a volunteer agreement before the festival starts. If you breach your volunteer agreement, Standon Calling reserve the right to eject you from the festival site and to keep your deposit. This includes any form of anti-social behaviour, being intoxicated, or drinking alcohol on shift.
We expect all volunteers to cover 16 hours over the festival.
You will be assigned to your final role and your shifts upon arrival. Your shifts may include early mornings and/or late nights (we'll ask for your preferences later on). Unfortunately we cannot confirm shifts in advance due to the nature of the festival.
If you wish to volunteer with friends or family members, we will try to schedule you on similar shifts (this may not always be possible!).
All volunteers are required to attend a training session on site before their first shift.
Training sessions will be scheduled in the morning on Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd July.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
As ever, the health and wellbeing of everyone at the festival remains our absolute priority. We are working collaboratively and proactively with East Hertfordshire Council as well as all other responsible authorities to ensure the smooth delivery of the festival. We remain ready to act flexibly and quickly to any changes to the proposed easing of lockdown over the next few months and to implement any necessary safety measures at the time of the event in July. More details about additional Covid-19 safety measures will be sent closer to the festival dates.
If you have any questions, please email
Date of Birth
You must be aged 18 or over on 22nd July 2021. We accept applications from 16-18 volunteers only if they are volunteering with a responsible adult (21+).
Have you previously volunteered at Standon Calling Festival?
If yes, what was the last year and in what role did you volunteer? Do you wish to return to the same position?
Have you volunteered or worked for festivals/ events before? If yes, in what role and which festival?
Do you have any special skill or secret talent? Tell us about it!
Which dates are you available to be on site and to help us?
You must be available to volunteer 16 hours over the festival week, and we will consider only volunteers available for a minimum of 3 days. You should also be available to attend a training session on Thursday 23rd (9am-12noon) OR on Friday 24th (9am-12noon)
Thursday 22 July
Friday 23 July
Saturday 24 July
Sunday 25 July
Monday 26 July
How did you know about this role?
Is there anything else you'd like to add?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Standon Calling.