Gana River Girls Leadership Camp June 24 - July 3rd for girls 11 - 13 yrs oldNorth Arm Advanced Leadership Canoe Trip July 19 - August 1 for mixed gender youth 14 - 16 yrs oldBoys Leadership Canoe Trip August 19 - 26 for boys 12 -14 yrs old
These camps are an opportunity for youth to meet new people and explore the beautiful NWT, while learning paddling, survival and traditional skills. Please read all instructions carefully.
1. Please complete ALL portions of this online application form by Friday May 17th at 5pm MST. Youth must answer all the questions fully. 2. If you require a paper copy of this application form, please contact Ali using the information below. 3. Read all application questions carefully and take your time when filling it out. Feel free to ask for help from an adult or friend. The application MUST be filled out by the youth interested in attending.
*Applications received after May 17th may be considered if there is still space in the camps.
Send completed paper copies to:
Northern Youth Leadership PO Box 23923rd floor, 4902 49th StreetYellowknife, NTX1A 2P8ATTENTION: Ali McConnellFax: 1-866-972-0355Phone: 1-867-445-4558Email: email@example.com
Camp Application Considerations:
1. Deadline to apply to participate is Friday May 17, 2019. a. Spaces are limited, submitting this application does not guarantee placement. Campers will be selected and notified after June 1, 2018.
2. Once a child is selected for camp, the Project Director will contact them regarding payment and travel planning. a. Camp fee: $250 b. Financial support is available to cover camper fees. c. Fee includes travel to and from the camper’s home community. Campers who live within driving distance of the camp will be asked to drive or carpool to reduce costs. d. Guardians will approve all flights before they are booked. Once plane tickets are booked, guardians are responsible for paying the cost of any flight changes, and/or any last minute flight cancellations if a refund is not given.
3. Please contact Ali at the phone number or email above if you have any questions or need help completing this form. Eligibility:
All youth that live in the NWT and fall within the designated ages are eligible to apply for NYL camps. We encourage all NWT youth to apply for our programming! NYL typically receives more applications than we can accommodate and youth that are not invited to participate will be put on a waitlist.
A committee will review all applications and select participants based on the following:
1. Regional representation- NYL strives to include youth from all communities in the NWT. Typically on a trip, there is one spot per community. This is done regardless of community size because NYL has found that larger communities have more opportunities for youth.
2. Need and access to similar programming- Camps are highly subsidized and NYL strives to include participants that do not have access to similar opportunities.
3. Application Questions- NYL uses the application questions to determine how interested youth are in NYL programming and how engaged they will be on the trip. We request that youth fill out the questions in their own words and take their time. If needed, youth can have assistance from an adult or friend, but please ensure the answers are in the youth's own words.
Northern Youth Leadership strives to inspire a generation of courageous young northern leaders and is a project of Tides Canada Initiatives (TCI). TCI is a shared platform providing governance, human resources, financial and grant management.
Northern Youth Leadership is an inclusive program and believes in the right of every youth to self identify.